Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email scams.

Reviews

Default Email scams.

It seems that every day now, some prince somewhere is looking for my assistance to smuggle large amounts of cash out of his country, all he needs is access to my bank account, any he is willing to reward me handsomely. But I'm wary because Microsoft engineers with dodgy accents keep phoning my about viruses on my computer.
    I know to ignore these scammers but sometimes if I'm bored I might play along for a while to phis them off but I guess there's an idiot everyday that is taken in by these scams, and there is a convincing new scam out there that worries me.
    This email appears to come from your own email address, it is well worded, convincing you that your system has already been hacked and that they have been watching you for a few months. It quotes a password that you have used in the past. Claims that they have a splitscreen video from your webcam of you pleasuring yourself and the contents of your screen at the time. This video will be forwarded to all your contacts unless you pay a small ransom in bitcoin within 48 hours.
    If you pay the ransom the very nice blackmailers will delete all the info on you. But they can see all the activity on your computer and if you try to contact anyone for help, they will release your video straight away.
    It is a lazy scam, hoping to profit from those easily panicked, they have not hacked your system, they are using info hacked years ago in some large data breaches, and some fancy fingerwork to appear to be emailing from your own address.
    Ignore this email or contact the authorities. they have nothing on you and we all pleasure ourselves in front of the computer with a tub of peanut butter,so it is nothing to be ashamed about.
    Last edited by philipkntz; 10-01-19 at 09:53.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

SteveB (10-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    It seems that every day now, some prince somewhere is looking for my assistance to smuggle large amounts of cash out of his country, all he needs is access to my bank account, any he is willing to reward me handsomely. But I'm wary because Microsoft engineers with dodgy accents keep phoning my about viruses on my computer.
    I know to ignore these scammers but sometimes if I'm bored I might play along for a while to phis them off but I guess there's an idiot everyday that is taken in by these scams, and there is a convincing new scam out there that worries me.
    This email appears to come from your own email address, it is well worded, convincing you that your system has already been hacked and that they have been watching you for a few months. It quotes a password that you have used in the past. Claims that they have a splitscreen video from your webcam of you pleasuring yourself and the contents of your screen at the time. This video will be forwarded to all your contacts unless you pay a small ransom in bitcoin within 48 hours.
    If you pay the ransom the very nice blackmailers will delete all the info on you. But they can see all the activity on your computer and if you try to contact anyone for help, they will release your video straight away.
    It is a lazy scam, hoping to profit from those easily panicked, they have not hacked your system, they are using info hacked years ago in some large data breaches, and some fancy fingerwork to appear to be emailing from your own address.
    Ignore this email or contact the authorities. they have nothing on you and we all pleasure ourselves in front of the computer with a tub of peanut butter,so it is nothing to be ashamed about.
    I am ashamed to admit I have never done this. I miss out on so much in life.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (10-01-19), philipkntz (10-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I am ashamed to admit I have never done this. I miss out on so much in life.
    Are you the guy thats allergic to nuts?
    And left.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

SteveB (10-01-19)

Reviews

Most emails have small grammatical errors so that does give it away but if it sounds too good to be true it always is
    Last edited by Good4u2; 10-01-19 at 10:12. Reason: grammatical errors

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Good4u2 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (10-01-19), philipkntz (10-01-19)

Reviews

Are you the guy thats allergic to nuts?
    I have no problem with nuts. So feel free to post away.

Reviews

Joking aside, there are a few scams about and it is wise to be aware of them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (10-01-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Good4u2 View Post
    Most emails have small grammatical errors so that does give it away but if it sounds too good to be true it always is
    but the grammer in this email is quite good
    And left.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I have no problem with nuts. So feel free to post away.
    Ok pm your address and I will post you a jar of extra crunchy peanut butter
    And left.

Been getting a few versions of that email for months now. A bit worried initially, as they had my password and last 4 digits of my phone number. Pay within 7 days or else. But then I thought, if they have my full phone number, surely a text or call would be in order to really put the shits up me. Deadline came and went, no embarrassing exposés. 2 or 3 a week now, some well worded and convincing, some written by an illiterate teenager, and even a few in Chinese. Might reply one of these days for a bit of divilment

Reviews

Ok pm your address and I will post you a jar of extra crunchy peanut butter
    Of course. But I'll need your bank details.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast