Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2018

Reviews

Default Tour de France 2018

I love the watching the Tour de France. Especially looking forward to Peter Sagan sprinting with a vengeance after getting a bs disqualification last year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobydo1 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Peter Sagan! Kicking butt and taking names. Stage win and the green jersey.

What about Dan the man Martin?
    Shake'n'bake

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    What about Dan the man Martin?
    I don't think his team is good enough to win. The team time trial today will be a good test of that team and all the GC contender's teams.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie1980 View Post
    His team may not be, but he is good enough.
    He's a great cyclist and a potential contender with the right team around him. His team lost him over a minute today in a 39 minute team time trial. That's really bad for a gc contender.

Reviews

Agreed but he has the potential to be explosive and rip the road up, he can claw it back. I can see him making the top three regardless of the team (but the team is prob the difference better. 1,2 & 3. If he is up for it, in good shape (and I think he is) stays out of any crash he can make the podium. He is though pretty much English of Irish decent but we'll take him in����
    Heard Martin got involved in a small crash today - recovered pretty quickly and no time loss. I couldn't find any real details on the web so he probably didn't get any injury. He's about 40 seconds behind the guys that count. Definitely a contender. Still worried about the rest of his team though.

Reviews

Peter Sagan takes another stage - 90 career days in the green jersey.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobydo1 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Booooooom!!!!! Go on Danny bhoy
    Just got done watching today from the DVR - dropped them at 1.2 km and held them off to the finish - great race. He's in good form. 21st overall with the 10 second time bonus for winning.

Did you see even on that up hill finish Peter Sagan still came in 8th place for the stage? He's really pissed off about that DQ last year.
    Last edited by scoobydo1; 12-07-18 at 19:39.

Martin looked great today. Fingers crossed now for a good week in the mountains for him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to discreetmeet For This Useful Post:

scoobydo1 (12-07-18)

Reviews

Gutted for Martin yesterday, he always seems to crash. Hope he can come back and still get in to that top three but absolutley gutted. I had high hopes for him this year.
    Hope he can recover.
    He started today. The interviewed him on the feed I get - no broken bones, but he was looking real stiff and sore. 10 extra minutes to get into his riding kit. He said the guy in front of him suddenly hit his brakes and took out his front wheel. then a couple bikes literally ran over him-gears cutting into his back. Cobbles today won't be fun for him. Hopefully he can fight through and get to the rest day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast