Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This makes me furious!

Default This makes me furious!

If this child dies his blood is on the tory parties hands and the DUP's!
    Since this article was written Billy has now been rushed to great ormond street hospital and is in a critical condition.

Link to full story
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...nabis-12701871

Tories blasted for links to medical cannabis industry despite UK ban on "life-saving" drugs.

Brief copy and paste of story.

Ministers insist the cannabis has “no medical value”, but still allow British firms to produce it under a special licence for sale to a foreign market.

The mum of a child denied *the medical cannabis that stopped his seizures has told of her fury over Tory links to British firms that supply the drug abroad.
    Charlotte Caldwell spoke after it was revealed Theresa May’s husband Philip’s Capital Group is the largest investor in GW Pharmaceuticals, which mass produces it here, where it is banned, for a foreign market.

GW chairman Geoffrey Guy is a Tory donor and drugs minister Victoria Atkins is married to Paul Kenward, boss of British Sugar, another medical cannabis supplier.
    Ministers insist the drug has “no medical value”, but still allow British firms to produce it under a special licence.
    And GW use it in its anti-epilepsy medicine Epidiolex.

Charlotte, whose son Billy, 12, relies on cannabis oil to stop him having up to 100 seizures a day, accused the Tories of putting his life at risk by denying him the drug.
    The 50-year-old said: “Why is my son being left to die in his own country by his own government? I can tell you why, greed and hypocrisy and it’s a recipe that will kill Billy.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaChaCharlie For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Lost for words can we do anything to help
    Petition on the go or similar
    Big and Bouncy Natural Boobie Heaven on Twitter xxx
    https://twitter.com/KissJosephine

Quote Originally Posted by Hardun View Post
    Lost for words can we do anything to help
    Petition on the go or similar
    His mum does not want charity. She is very admirable. She also does not want someone in Ireland making the drug either. She wants to do it all legal so others can get the medicine they need. You can however if you wish attend the upcoming rallies in support of billy.

There will be one in Lurgan park tomorrow at 2pm and one in Belfast City Hall Gardens at 2pm.

His medicine is sitting on Nick Hurds desk while billy lies in hospital dying.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaChaCharlie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Read this!

UK world's largest producer of legal cannabis, finds UN body

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8243921.html

And yet not legal in the UK.
    Thanks Man. Yeah i have seen that before. I am so angry right now i could scream.

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    You know the stupid thing is you don't even get the good side effects with medical cannabis.

Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. This is the psychoactive compound in marijuana i.e. the good stuff that produces the high.

Cannabidiol or CBD. This substance does not produce any psychoactive effects.

But can help loads of peeps with medical issues.
    I know man. I can get it back in the states no problem. You just go to the Doc and if need be he gives you a card and then you make your way to a dispensary. That was a few years back, now you don't even need a card from the Doc in certain states in the US to buy it.

Reviews

Typical journalistic standards of the mirror.

I'm all for legalizing cannabis use but this story has so many gaps and is so all over the place with so much unexplained.

It ends up just ranting about government hypocrisy, which is nothing new anywhere.

Reviews

So I read further. The mother openly declared this oil on return to the UK from Canada where she obtained it legally, but she knew it to be illegal in the UK.

Now the child's seizures have returned because he has been forced to go cold turkey off the medication.

I'm sorry, I understand the fight to legalize, and it is clear this drug was helping the child, but why on earth would you openly declare this in customs and play Russian roulette with your child's life?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

11. Default

It's all about the money. Too much pharmaceutical companies with too much profit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EbonyStockingsLover For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    So I read further. The mother openly declared this oil on return to the UK from Canada where she obtained it legally, but she knew it to be illegal in the UK.

Now the child's seizures have returned because he has been forced to go cold turkey off the medication.

I'm sorry, I understand the fight to legalize, and it is clear this drug was helping the child, but why on earth would you openly declare this in customs and play Russian roulette with your child's life?
    I dont get that either.
    She wants to campaign for others so needs to show the effects of coming off it but that is hurting her son.
    She is a good one doing it but I would not be strong like her I would hide it somewhere and give it to my son very selfish when others need it but that woman is a saint not like me
    Big and Bouncy Natural Boobie Heaven on Twitter xxx
    https://twitter.com/KissJosephine

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hardun View Post
    I dont get that either.
    She wants to campaign for others so needs to show the effects of coming off it but that is hurting her son.
    She is a good one doing it but I would not be strong like her I would hide it somewhere and give it to my son very selfish when others need it but that woman is a saint not like me
    Well the other thing is there are other drugs approved for use on epilepsy, surely they must have some other option than this oil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast