Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: World cup

And now a penalty to france on the VAR, surely that was completely accidental.
    Shake'n'bake

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

2-1 France,

Greissman, will they give him the first goal? he's closing in on the golden boot.
    Shake'n'bake

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Oh, it may be over now. 3-1 to france.
    It is all over now. France get a fourth goal. If they don't take their foot off the pedal there could be a few more goals for them. They can start planning the victory parade along the Champs Elysees now. A howler from Lloris makes it 4-2 but surely it is too late for Croatia now.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 15-07-18 at 16:30.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

So the final whistle has blown and France win their second World Cup. Deschamps does become the third man to lift the trophy as both player and manager. Despite the controversy over the free kick and the penalty today, the best team did win the tournament. Croatia can go home with their heads held high, it was a great achievement to reach the final. This is the highest scoring final since 1966 when England beat West Germany by the same scoreline.
    The Truth is out there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Individual award winners

Golden Boot-Harry Kane
    Golden Ball-Luka Modric
    Golden Glove-Thibaut Courtois
    The Truth is out there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Unfucking believable

Its pissing rain on the podium, Putin gets an umbrella, then Macron, then a few more of the dignitaries, and last, but not least, the only female up there, the Croatian president.
    Shake'n'bake

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Congrats to France. We played a great game, but unfortunately we conceded two goals from our two mistakes. I was the first one to say it will be a success if we even pass the stage, and we went all the way to finals.

We'll see in 2 years how we will play on Euro, can we repeat the same amazing performance as on this WC.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kennedy For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-07-18), Mr Sweet Guy (15-07-18), westcorklad (15-07-18)

Reviews

Thats it for another 4 years. I think the next final will be played in december. Overall this was a good world cup. Hopefully ireland will be at the next one and that we will all be around in 4 years time. Who knows.
    I wouldn`t be too confident about that. Ireland are sliding in the world rankings and I don`t see a significant change for the better over the next few years. Anyway not too long until the new UEFA Nations League starts so any international football fans suffering withdrawal symptoms has that to look forward to.
    The Truth is out there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-07-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I wouldn`t be too confident about that. Ireland are sliding in the world rankings and I don`t see a significant change for the better over the next few years. Anyway not too long until the new UEFA Nations League starts so any international football fans suffering withdrawal symptoms has that to look forward to.
    Thats it for another 4 years. I think the next final will be played in december. Overall this was a good world cup. Hopefully ireland will be at the next one and that we will all be around in 4 years time. Who knows.
    Sure by that stage there may be an All Ireland team depending on how Brexit goes - if they even have it sorted out at that stage
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 15-07-18 at 20:00.
    Are we there yet ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Congrats to France. We played a great game, but unfortunately we conceded two goals from our two mistakes. I was the first one to say it will be a success if we even pass the stage, and we went all the way to finals.

We'll see in 2 years how we will play on Euro, can we repeat the same amazing performance as on this WC.
    Hard luck Kennedy
    Having said that your President/PM is quite a MILF !!
    Are we there yet ?

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast