Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: World cup

Reviews

Glad Argentina still in the wc I'd love for Messi to lift the trophy but they are a shambles at the back.

Reviews

So Argentina get out of jail with that late winner and will now play France in the last 16. On form so far that will be the end of the road for them but you never know. No repeat for Iceland of their Euro 2016 heroics and they will be going home. Earlier Peru scored their first and second goals in the World Cup since 1982 but the win came too late for them. Denmark play Croatia in the next round and I think the Danes will be packing their bags after that match.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    105 goals scored already. Still 24 games to go.
    The record for most goals in a World Cup tournament is 171 goals in 1998 and 2014. Could that be broken this year?
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    The record for most goals in a World Cup tournament is 171 goals in 1998 and 2014. Could that be broken this year?
    If not I bet that it will be broken in 2026!!
    France and Denmark the first nil nil draw so far in the tournament, great to see a few goals !!
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (26-06-18)

Reviews

For today`s matches I will go for Brazil to beat Serbia in a close game maybe by one goal and Switzerland to have a comfortable win against Costa Rica. In the other group Germany should beat South Korea while Sweden-Mexico could be a draw.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

3-0 to sweden, if the germans score mexico will be going home, they have 12 mins to score or they will be going home themselves.
    Didn't see that coming!! If the Germans can't beat South Korea they deserve to be going home ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Beat 2-0 & bottom of the group. Disastrous world cup for the holders.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (27-06-18), Mr Sweet Guy (27-06-18)

Reviews

Over and out, the defending champs are gone. Now who would have predicted that they wouldnt even get out of the group. Super result for south korea.
    Mr Sweet Guy did predict it.

I LOVE IT Germany going home Ohh Yeah.
    BYE BYE BYE German

La vía Espana

Reviews

Over and out, the defending champs are gone. Now who would have predicted that they wouldnt even get out of the group. Super result for south korea.
    Amazing especially when you consider they cruised to victory in the Confederations Cup with a reserve team a year ago. So this is the first time since 1938 that the Germans have failed to reach the knockout stages and also it means that for the third World Cup in a row the holders have been knocked out in the group stage of the following tournament. Seems to be a curse or something.
    The Truth is out there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BiggTipp View Post
    Korea were 16/1 to win that game. Can't believe the Germans have been so bad - midfield was so ponderous in the two games I saw.

I don't want to upset people, but England are looking a half-decent bet now...
    But are they? They have not really been tested in either of their matches so far and needed a late late winner in their first outing. We will see what happens tomorrow to have a better idea.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 27-06-18 at 18:34.
    The Truth is out there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast