Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car insurance

Exclamation Car insurance

What can happened if driving without insurance? Now don't get me wrong I've been paying insurance for the last 5 years,never clame anything,last Sunday car stopped on the motorway near limerick i was driving to castlebar i called the insurance they come at 1 am(called them at 10 pm)and they drove me to the next garage? Wtf the garage was closed my car is still there and i ended in a small town with no taxi i walked to a hotel and the guy made calls to galway to get me a taxi in gort and drive me to castlebar.nobody wanted because of the late hour i think.anyway the taxi arrived and I've got home at 6 am.the insurance said they will discount 150 euros of the taxi wich was way more.Now my car is in Gort and no way I'm going to take it out from there bring it to a closer garage in town and pay lots of money anyway head gasket is gone i think.
    Now I've paid insurance for such a long time nearly 4k evry year just to get a lift once and for max 50 km ir the nearest garage?really? First day on the morning i cancelled the policy is just not fair.
    Last edited by Jessy Tattoo; 24-04-18 at 08:02.
    Love tattoos.Let's have fun guys.xxx

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
    In Ireland only for 3 weeks SO DON'T MISS ME OUt

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessy Tattoo For This Useful Post:

SteveB (24-04-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy Tattoo View Post
    What can happened if driving without insurance? Now don't get me wrong I've been paying insurance for the last 5 years,never clame anything,last Sunday car stopped on the motorway near limerick i was driving to castlebar i called the insurance they come at 1 am(called them at 10 pm)and they drove me to the next garage? Wtf the garage was closed my car is still there and i ended in a small town with no taxi i walked to a hotel and the guy made calls to galway to get me a taxi in gort and drive me to castlebar.nobody wanted because of the late hour i think.anyway the taxi arrived and I've got home at 6 am.the insurance said they will discount 150 euros of the taxi wich was way more.Now my car is in Gort and no way I'm going to take it out from there bring it to a closer garage in town and pay lots of money anyway head gasket is gone i think.
    Now I've paid insurance for such a long time nearly 4k evry year just to get a lift once and for max 50 km ir the nearest garage?really? First day on the morning i cancelled the policy is just not fair.
    When caught without insurance,the guards will confiscate your car and it will be brought to a lock up
    which charges something like 40-50 euro a day which u will have to pay to get it back plus the fee for getting it picked up

I know insurance is a rip off,and u might get away with being caught once without loosing your licence
    but eventually theres no way around it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-04-18), SteveB (24-04-18)

Reviews

Jessy. The insurance you had is probably mostly accident insurance with basic breakdown cover. Accident insurance is compulsory and you can be fined, lose your car, lose your licence and/or face jail for driving without it. The main function of compulsory motor insurance is to compensate victims of an accident where you are at fault.
    Basic breakdown cover might cover a jump start or a tyre change, but is usually to get you off the road to the nearest garage. I pay separate motor breakdown cover which will cover roadside repair (if possible), or recover my car to my home or to the garage of my choice from any where in Europe (I think).
    Last edited by philipkntz; 24-04-18 at 08:27.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-04-18), SteveB (24-04-18)

Reviews

It probably would have been wiser to check out a few other insurance companies before you cancelled your exsisting insurance. Maybe try around and if you dont get a quote go back to them and eat humble pie. As Focusser said, its not fair but theres no way around it. Also you could get yourself into lots of trouble and a criminal record if you have no cover at all. If you do have a conviction for no insurance its even harder to get cover again without lots of complications.

Reviews

Also,i forgot to add,a court date
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Forceuser For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-04-18)

I've tried lots of companies but just because I'm "young " and with not to many bonus years of driving the qoute my isurance to hight.Axa replayed asking for 11.000 e for the year with a deposit up in front of 3800.crazy.as the car is 02 and 2.0 only shouldn't be that expensive. Car doesn't even worth 1000 e if they take it is not big lost.
    Love tattoos.Let's have fun guys.xxx

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
    In Ireland only for 3 weeks SO DON'T MISS ME OUt

Reviews

I've tried lots of companies but just because I'm "young " and with not to many bonus years of driving the qoute my isurance to hight.Axa replayed asking for 11.000 e for the year with a deposit up in front of 3800.crazy.as the car is 02 and 2.0 only shouldn't be that expensive. Car doesn't even worth 1000 e if they take it is not big lost.
    Why dont you go back to your old insurance company and tell them you were upset when you cancelled? They might re insure you. The other way will bring you lots of unwanted attention.. If you are stopped by the Guards they can look into other stuff and be very nosey if they want to. Its their job.

Reviews

Something odd about this, I think 5 years is the maximum no claims any insurance company allows.
    Also its not so much based on the value of your own car, but the the values of the cars, people and property you might hit on the road.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-04-18)

Reviews

€4000 a year ? I thought insurance in the North was bad enough but the cost South of the border is ridiculous. The unfortunate thing is that it's illegal to drive without insurance and God forbid you had an accident you could be facing a prison term. How long have you been insured? It should go down year on year as your no claims bonus gets higher ....
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-04-18)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Something odd about this, I think 5 years is the maximum no claims any insurance company allows.
    Also its not so much based on the value of your own car, but the the values of the cars, people and property you might hit on the road.
    I listened to someone talking about this subject on Newstalk one evening and it would appear that drivers of older less efficient cars pay a higher premium, that's why younger drivers are totally fucked unless Daddy buys them a new motor

And then there's the road tax too - pay a fortune for feckin cyclists to block the road in front of you
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (24-04-18)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast