Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aushwitz borthel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Reviews

Default The Final Solution

Hey Ric and Kat!

I found that BBC Documentary I mentioned before, including a website that should llow you to watch the entire thing!

Documentaries : history : Auschwitz: The Nazis & The Final Solution.

Give that a try and see if it works; If not, just Google 'alluc', click on the Documentaries tab, go to the 'A's, and look for 'Auschwitz: The Nazis and The Final Solution'.

Watch and learn! And Ric, just one more thing:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cable 87

Blog Entries

my laptop doesn't seem to like that site..... oh well, maybe I need to clear it off, or you guys can contribute to the "Kat needs a new laptop" fund..... lol

I like history, eventhough I'm not an expert by far...... so don't expect any lectures from me lol.... I do find older stuff more fascinating though..... the 20th century is too political..... I like to use my imagination a bit more, so therefore I prefer older stuff....

I read this book years ago by this guy called Kielar Wieslaw. I think this is the same book, but the title is diferent in English. Anus Mundi: Five Years in Auschwitz by Wieslaw Kielar.
    He is a survivor telling his storry. I couldn't put it down when I read it. It's written as a novel/storry, so it's easy to read. very well worth a read!!
    Last edited by Kat; 17-04-09 at 17:27.
    Dublin tbc , Belfast tbc, Cork tbc

Reviews

Default Documentary link

Hi Kat!

Here's a link directly to the sites which hosts the video I posted before; alluc is a general site which provides links to others, which is how they manage to keep from getting shut down! Try this, it's direct to the film, just scroll down a bit to see the screen:

GUBA - Auschwitz: The Nazis & The Final Solution. (Part 1 of 10)

I hope this one works for you! If not, I guess I'll have to make a contribution to the 'new laptop for Kat' fund!

As for older history, I think that things were always highly political, we just know so much more about WWII because it was not only the largest and most costly war ever (both in human lives and in money, except for the U.S. war in Iraq, which recently topped the bill for most expensive in money) but also the first war to be fought in the dawn of the age of mass media. Because everything was so well documented (simply because it COULD BE), there's ridiculous amounts of information on it, from so many different sides and so many different pespectives. And for some older folks, the war is still in living memory for them! But trust me, if WWI, The Crimean War, The American Civil War, The Hundred Year's War, the Crusades, or any other major war in history had been fought with as many cameras and news reporters as there were in WWII or today, we would all have been able to see all the politics going on with them, the kind of stuff that we can only imagine, as you said you like to!

And thanks for the suggestion of the book; I'll take a look to see if I can find a copy, sounds interesting!

All the best,

Cable 87

Blog Entries

I did get trough to this same site before, but the buffering got stalled or whatever it said there.

I think it is time to put in the recovery disc into my laptop again, and start it from scratch.....

though all donations into my "new laptop for Kat fund" will be wellcome.....
    Dublin tbc , Belfast tbc, Cork tbc

Reviews

Maybe just give it a few minutes to load up before trying to watch. My laptop isn't exactly 'top of the line' anymore either; it's about 3 1/2 years old, Windows XP. Whenever I load a video, I let the first few seconds play, then I pause it to let the rest of it load for a bit. Sometimes it doesn't take too long, other times it seems like forever, it can also depend on the site which is providing the video.

As for your laptop, I hope it doesn't need to be replaced just yet! But there's plenty of gents who would be glad to help make donations to the fund if you do end up needing a new one! You'll get enough to buy a few of them, I'm sure! As for me, I actually think I'm going to be away when you're here (I'm planning a multi-city trip with some friends through Scandinavia, I've never been anywhere over there), so a contribution from me might have to wait until next time you come through!

Hope all's well with you, and enjoy the documentary if you get your laptop sorted!

Cable 87

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123