Thread: Odd food experiences/lost in translation

Exclamation Odd food experiences/lost in translation

Today I ordered an English Muffin at a diner (i'm in the US) and what arrived on the table was something completely different than what I expected. Myself and the waiter had a chuckle about things being lost in translation. The "muffin" wasnt bad, just completely different than expected.

Anyway, I cant be alone in this experience. What foods have you ordered abroad only to be surprised by what was served?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by randaddy2017 View Post
    Today I ordered an English Muffin at a diner (i'm in the US) and what arrived on the table was something completely different than what I expected. Myself and the waiter had a chuckle about things being lost in translation. The "muffin" wasnt bad, just completely different than expected.

Anyway, I cant be alone in this experience. What foods have you ordered abroad only to be surprised by what was served?
    The chef was in Milan a few years back at the Italian Grand prix. Asked for a bbq chicken pizza in an Italian pizzeria. Insulted was the pizza guy as he told me off as there's no such thing as a traditional bbq chicken pizza. Ended up having a lasagne pizza. Best meal I ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Johnchef42 View Post
    The chef was in Milan a few years back at the Italian Grand prix. Asked for a bbq chicken pizza in an Italian pizzeria. Insulted was the pizza guy as he told me off as there's no such thing as a traditional bbq chicken pizza. Ended up having a lasagne pizza. Best meal I ever had
    lasagne pizza sounds good! Was it regular pizza shape with lasagne sploshed on top?

Reviews

lasagne pizza sounds good! Was it regular pizza shape with lasagne sploshed on top?
    Regular pizza base with bologness on top and smothered in mozzarella cheese and baked . Amazing I tell you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnchef42 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (11-07-17)

I forgot about another incident of mine. Classic Randaddy2017 moment. I order sweetbread as a side to accompany my soup a few years ago in France. The "Sweetbread" turned out to be fried pancreas. (WTF?!) Didnt taste great. Wouldnt repeat.

Reviews

I forgot about another incident of mine. Classic Randaddy2017 moment. I order sweetbread as a side to accompany my soup a few years ago in France. The "Sweetbread" turned out to be fried pancreas. (WTF?!) Didnt taste great. Wouldnt repeat.
    I don't think it would