Thread: Disappointed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Disappointed

So, I had wanted to meet a certain someone for a while and I thought today was ample opportunity. I rang yesterday and arranged it for 3pm today. She actually came across extremely well on the phone and I kinda felt a little smitten. I was supposed to confirm at 11 today which I did but got no reply and when I did get a reply, long story short, she was fully booked despite agreeing to it the day before and having 24 hours notice.

It actually feels a little personal as I didn't really buy the fully booked/no time, etc excuse as it wasn't a problem the day before and isn't that the whole point of arranging it in notice, to ensure you actually meet.

It's a bit unprofessional in my view and I myself, lost time & money but sure what can you do. Like I said in the title, disappointed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayM93 For This Useful Post:

Mr Sweet Guy (07-10-17)

3. Default

Perhaps she is not on the pills and.....think positive

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JayM93 View Post
    So, I had wanted to meet a certain someone for a while and I thought today was ample opportunity. I rang yesterday and arranged it for 3pm today. She actually came across extremely well on the phone and I kinda felt a little smitten. I was supposed to confirm at 11 today which I did but got no reply and when I did get a reply, long story short, she was fully booked despite agreeing to it the day before and having 24 hours notice.

It actually feels a little personal as I didn't really buy the fully booked/no time, etc excuse as it wasn't a problem the day before and isn't that the whole point of arranging it in notice, to ensure you actually meet.

It's a bit unprofessional in my view and I myself, lost time & money but sure what can you do. Like I said in the title, disappointed.
    Name and shame

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redforever View Post
    Name and shame
    I disagree, mate. We're not a lynch mob. Im not excusing it, but sometimes shit goes wrong for people.

I totally feel for JayM93, as its happened before. But not worth getting into an online tiff over. Best take it as a lesson learned and spend your cash with a nice woman who'll honor her part of the agreement. :-)

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to randaddy2017 For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (01-06-17), JayM93 (01-06-17), Mr Sweet Guy (07-10-17), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (02-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by randaddy2017 View Post
    I disagree, mate. We're not a lynch mob. Im not excusing it, but sometimes shit goes wrong for people.

I totally feel for JayM93, as its happened before. But not worth getting into an online tiff over. Best take it as a lesson learned and spend your cash with a nice woman who'll honor her part of the agreement. :-)
    Hence the smiley face mate

When your around long enough you'll understand

9. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

randaddy2017 (01-06-17)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It is what it is, just move on and find another lady who appreciates your business nd you will soon forget
    Personally due to the fact ive a fair bit to travel i try to make prior appointments aswell but i find its not always
    that easy to get ladies to agree to it often it takes a bit of convincing that u are genuine. i ve never stood a lady up
    yet but i suppose the flip side is that they have been probably messed around so often that they are bound to be a bit cynical
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (01-06-17), JayM93 (01-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JayM93 View Post

Hmmm cant wait for your comments when you travel like 40 miles show up then left hanging , later baby 5 mins then 10 then 20 then harsh harsh reality you been stood up or is it down. The girl answered your call and let you know, that v allowed , you do not know what has happened on their side, booking at their desecration, and all that . Trust me your goin to get a lot lot worse than this , its shall we say part of the adventure , it will make you appreciate the excellent times more .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (01-06-17), randaddy2017 (01-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    Hmmm cant wait for your comments when you travel like 40 miles show up then left hanging , later baby 5 mins then 10 then 20 then harsh harsh reality you been stood up or is it down. The girl answered your call and let you know, that v allowed , you do not know what has happened on their side, booking at their desecration, and all that . Trust me your goin to get a lot lot worse than this , its shall we say part of the adventure , it will make you appreciate the excellent times more .
    Thankfully ive never expierienced that
    The last type of thing that happened to me was i rang up a well known lady who was in town
    through the course of the attempted booking we discovered we were in the same apartments
    so she politely refused to see me which i understood as she hadnt met me before

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    Well, thankfully that didn't happen. Obviously, that has happened to you and so, you have my sympathies.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Nothing was confirmed, as i said today.

limited bookings available, stuff happens....

Also, first impressions count

good luck in future j x

I was conscious of the limited bookings hence the text on Tuesday and then the subsequent call. I thought it was arranged with confirmation today. The other things that sometimes happen are not a problem at all as it happens us all at some point. That's fully understandable, life being life but I felt that it was personal and you're kinda affirming my beliefs by saying first impression count.

Maybe it was the cheeky remark on the phone that lead to the change of plans or something else. If it was based on my persona, then fair enough. That will always remain your prerogative.