Thread: Grandfather Sentenced to a Year for Pawing 2 Women on Transatlatic Flight

Reviews

Default Grandfather Sentenced to a Year for Pawing 2 Women on Transatlatic Flight

I just saw this case in The Manchester Evening News and was wondering if you felt the punishment was justified, to lenient or to harsh -

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....oping-12851550

A former taxi driver got 1 year imprisonment for basically pawing at 2 women passengers who were sitting beside him on a flight from Canada.

My view is that any man who gropes a women is telling the world that he is a loser! I think that people should have an inalienable human right to travel/walk freely from any harrasment and that includes verbals. I think gobshites like him should be slapped down immediately! But there is a but, 1 year imprisonment seems very excessive, especially taken in tandem with the probable loss of his livlihood and that perhaps an even more serious criminal will be let out to make way for him. Also the judge describing it as one of the most distasteful cases that he has ever presided over is absurd, unless he has dealt with extremely basic cases only!
    Also do you feel that he was drunk mitigates it, I personally don't?
    Also no doubt there will be a civil case on the way.
    BTW I have been groped by strange women on buses, one whom I would love to have ridden there and then, but she was slightly drunk and though she was an adult there was a 16 year age gap between us!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Stupid and horrible thing to do , but a year in prison seems excessive and imbalanced against other suspended sentences given.
    And if this is the most distasteful case the judge has seen , then he is a lucky man

Reviews

Child molesters and rapists have got shorter sentences. These ladies didn't even see fit to complain until an hour after getting home and telling their families. In my experience, an unwanted grope is protested immediately, not hours later.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Floki (06-04-17), Petros (06-04-17)

A year only? He needs a good twatting.
    Too many people are getting away with nasty and horrible crimes these days or getting really shit sentences.

What about the victims?
    They suffered a lot and will be mentally embedded in their minds for the rest of their lives.
    Then that cunt will walk the streets and WILL probably molest more women.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

EnglishAlex (07-04-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    A year only? He needs a good twatting.
    Too many people are getting away with nasty and horrible crimes these days or getting really shit sentences.

What about the victims?
    They suffered a lot and will be mentally embedded in their minds for the rest of their lives.
    Then that cunt will walk the streets and WILL probably molest more women.

Bet a woman who gropes a man would not even end up in court never mind jail. This appears to be a gender specific offence. I do seem to recall Eamonn Dunphy was in some way involved in a male on male groping case.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    Bet a woman who gropes a man would not even end up in court never mind jail. This appears to be a gender specific offence. I do seem to recall Eamonn Dunphy was in some way involved in a male on male groping case.
    (without checking) A Dublin doorman/bouncer alleged that Dunphy groped him on the way into a club. There was some sort of court case and Dunphy was exonerated and the doorman(who was a lot larger than Dunphy) didn't get the money he was looking for.

Reviews

Yes I remember now it was about 12 years ago the bouncer said he suffered severe distress after Dunphy allegedly kissed him and felt his balls.
    However, I think this was a civil case(?) which kinda reinforces the point I make above. If Dunphy was alleged to have groped a women he would most likely have been prosecuted.

Reviews

I have never heard of the case mentioning that journo, but I have seen him in real life and he is tiny as many soccer players of the past and senior politicians are!
    Last edited by The Libertarian; 07-04-17 at 14:12.
    Ride them on the beaches!