Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaa 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Gaa 2017

Now that the leagues are reaching towards their finals it is time to start this thread for 2017.

I concentrate on the hurling, others can look after the football.

Some tasty matches this coming Sunday.

Tipperary V Offaly Poor offaly are on a hiding here. Tipperary don't do kind or nice.

Limerick V Cork Cork are trying to start on the comeback trail. Some good performances so far. That Luke Meade looks promising for them. Limerick again take their eye off the ball with their first round defeat by Wexford. Cost them promotion again. Cork at home to edge it.

Wexford V Kilkenny Wexford on a roll at this stage however it will end here. Kilkenny to win. All not lost for Wexford just yet.

Galway V Waterford The Deise will fight to the end of matches as proved last Sunday. Galway have more to prove here. Waterford won league 2 seasons ago. When was Galway's last trophy win? Waterford to win.

Clare V Dublin If Clare can reproduce the form they showed against Kilkenny then they will retain their division 1 status. Worry is defence can be leaky. Dublin going with youth and they are coping quite well. Would a season in Division 1B help their progress even more? Clare to emerge however it will be tight.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Now that the leagues are reaching towards their finals it is time to start this thread for 2017.

Tipperary V Offaly Poor offaly are on a hiding here. Tipperary don't do kind or nice.

Limerick V Cork Cork are trying to start on the comeback trail. Some good performances so far. That Luke Meade looks promising for them. Limerick again take their eye off the ball with their first round defeat by Wexford. Cost them promotion again. Cork at home to edge it.

Wexford V Kilkenny Wexford on a roll at this stage however it will end here. Kilkenny to win. All not lost for Wexford just yet.

Galway V Waterford The Deise will fight to the end of matches as proved last Sunday. Galway have more to prove here. Waterford won league 2 seasons ago. When was Galway's last trophy win? Waterford to win.

Clare V Dublin If Clare can reproduce the form they showed against Kilkenny then they will retain their division 1 status. Worry is defence can be leaky. Dublin going with youth and they are coping quite well. Would a season in Division 1B help their progress even more? Clare to emerge however it will be tight.
    I will also agree with your predictions so lets take the bookies to the cleaners as there is no way the 3 of US could be wrong.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

The D Man (03-04-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    I will also agree with your predictions so lets take the bookies to the cleaners as there is no way the 3 of US could be wrong.
    I threw a tenner on those 4 teams and Tipp as well just over 10/1. Waterford 5/2 to beat galway?
    Do the bookies know something we don't having them at that price?.

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Yes i think i will agree with your predictions d man. A few close games in store. Davy will relish a shot at the cats but codys men to win it. Deise v galway should be close too. Cork to beat limerick. Offaly in the last 8 after winning just one game? Will they hold tipp to 20pts? Maybe home advantage to swing the relegation battle clares way.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Not bad guys 2 out of 5...
    I'd say Paddy Power had a field day with ye lot. Never underestimate Davy Fitz.
    Last edited by Best Before; 02-04-17 at 18:43. Reason: Revised my ratio to reflect the correct prediction of the relegation playoff game!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

The D Man (14-04-17)

8. Default

Dublin for Sam 2017

9. Default

I'd back them but much like Kilkenny they have fallen in the last year. No fear towards Dublin championship wide this season.

Reviews

So the Leinster hurling quarter finals are finalised. Westmeath V Offaly. Wexford V Laois.

Also it is a disgrace that the Christy Ring, Lory Meagher and Nicky Rickard Competitions are run off so quickly. So much for Hurling promotion and a complete dis-regard for the people in those counties.

11. Default

You're dead right

12. Default

Which team do ye think will go all the way ?

13. Default

Down to beat Monaghan. Harrisons auld boy to climb on the roof again lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast