Thread: Newcastle

Default Newcastle

I'm not a Newcastle fan my self just wondering what everyone thinks will they stay up I think they might my self as Watford will drop be looking at the way there playing

Reviews

I think they will, if they get a few players in before the transfer window closes. I would like to see them go down but the reality is over the next 5-10 years they will become the new Man City, Chelsea, psg etc as they go through the gears of attracting players who will get them challenging consistently for a top 4-6 position. This will them let attract players to become a top four team all the time so long as they offer better contracts than most

Reviews

I'm not sure about the next Manchester City, Chelsea or PSG. Blackburn Rovers had a lot of money pumped into them with Jack Walker and they did win a title in '95, but look at them the last 20 years. Different situation maybe, but Newcastle are a long way off becoming a huge club. I don't think they can attract really top players to be honest, but we'll watch this space. They certainly need to avoid relegation.

Reviews

I think the difference with Blackburn is they were owned by a person, Newcastle are owned by a country, just like city. My point is , post takeover, city’s first purchase of a forward was Craig Bellamy from West Ham for 15 million ( double what West Ham paid to Liverpool a year earlier ) that was the type of player who got them to a lever consistently where they could attract the likes of aguero, it will take time a few rebuilds but if a country is willing to throw enough money at it they will get there.

Reviews

Yes you could be right. I always had a bit of time for Newcastle as a club with their fans and so on, but I'm not sure how I feel about these big takeovers from business men who have no passion for football. Professional football is all about the money now sadly.

Reviews

Yes, always liked them as well, some great players over the years and genuine supporters so don’t like the idea of clubs been bought to suit an agenda