25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 36.00%
  • No

16 64.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texting & Driving

Reviews

In the UK they are changing the law. If you kill someone by dangerous driving which will include using your mobile it will be on the same tariff(jail sentence) as manslaughter , thats 14 years in jail and if you injure someone via dangerous driving they are aiming for a max of 7 years in jail. If you are on mobile and injure someone and put them in hospital/rehab for a considerable amount of time it looks like 18 months in jail for you.

Hopefully we will go the same way, perhaps a trip to THE NRH would sober you up some, or perhaps a visit to a friend of my sister whose 21 year old daughter was killed by a guy on a mobile or maybe you need to get knocked down and badly injured then you just might get it , its no laughing matter I am afraid . I am sure you were not intending to offend but on this I have vvv strong views, given I am an out patient at the NRH having been knocked down by guy on mobile still cant work and come Monday that will be 44 weeks of my life ruined whilst he carries on
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 16-12-16 at 23:15.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (17-12-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    In the UK they are changing the law. If you kill someone by dangerous driving which will include using your mobile it will be on the same tariff(jail sentence) as manslaughter , thats 14 years in jail and if you injure someone via dangerous driving they are aiming for a max of 7 years in jail. If you are on mobile and injure someone and put them in hospital/rehab for a considerable amount of time it looks like 18 months in jail for you.

Hopefully we will go the same way, perhaps a trip to THE NRH would sober you up some, or perhaps a visit to a friend of my sister whose 21 year old daughter was killed by a guy on a mobile or maybe you need to get knocked down and badly injured then you just might get it , its no laughing matter I am afraid . I am sure you were not intending to offend but on this I have vvv strong views, given I am an out patient at the NRH having been knocked down by guy on mobile still cant work and come Monday that will be 44 weeks of my life ruined whilst he carries on
    Thats a bit shit alright. Exactly why I posted the poll.

I was not intending to offend, however, if you have been offended, you should probably consider that this is the internet and maybe not so suited to the easily offended.

Send nudes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SmallHorn View Post
    Thats a bit shit alright. Exactly why I posted the poll.

I was not intending to offend, however, if you have been offended, you should probably consider that this is the internet and maybe not so suited to the easily offended.
    If one driver changes their driving away from texting while driving after reading my post that will do me fine be it that they do not want the death of a 21 yr old girl on their conscience or that they are concerned about increased penalties. This change in the law in UK is as a result of Polish truck driver who killed two children and their mum whilst on mobile, I am sure you saw the video, it seems the children were decapitated BTW . As to your "advice" on the internet just reaching for the salt . You must have realised that given the number of accidents involving mobiles whilst driving that someone here would be personally affected, so you should not be surprised to be challenged, bad shit you say. I suspect until or if this happens to you directly or to someone you know you will not get it till then . Killing people or causing life changing injuries. If you can find fun in that we have nothing more to discuss .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (17-12-16)

I don't text, take calls or make calls when I'm driving. My phone is in my handbag in the boot. No distractions. No phone call or text is that important, check your phone when you stop. By not texting or using your phone, it could save somebody's life or yours. The road conditions can change in a second, you cannot respond quickly enough to an unseen circumstance if your attention is focused on sending a text.

I do know about the Polish truck driver in the UK, there was virtually nothing left of their car.It was truly horrific, a family wiped out & the rest of the family left to pick up pieces & try to rebuild their lives. If I recall correctly, he was changing tunes on his mobile. No consideration for any other road user.

Beautyaddict, I hope that the New Year, see's you make a full recovery.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 17-12-16 at 10:31.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (17-12-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Kicked to the curb again! No worries we are still here for you man.
    Thanks Honey, great to be back with the fam
    Last edited by SmallHorn; 17-12-16 at 11:15.

Send nudes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SmallHorn For This Useful Post:

Reviews

If one driver changes their driving away from texting while driving after reading my post that will do me fine be it that they do not want the death of a 21 yr old girl on their conscience or that they are concerned about increased penalties. This change in the law in UK is as a result of Polish truck driver who killed two children and their mum whilst on mobile, I am sure you saw the video, it seems the children were decapitated BTW . As to your "advice" on the internet just reaching for the salt . You must have realised that given the number of accidents involving mobiles whilst driving that someone here would be personally affected, so you should not be surprised to be challenged, bad shit you say. I suspect until or if this happens to you directly or to someone you know you will not get it till then . Killing people or causing life changing injuries. If you can find fun in that we have nothing more to discuss .
    Its possible many people would have some connection to an incident. Law of averages and all that.

You could say the same about any topic, does that mean it cant be discussed?

I posted a simple poll.......

But you are talking about decapitated kids.

I know which comes across as more offensive

Send nudes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SmallHorn View Post
    Its possible many people would have some connection to an incident. Law of averages and all that.

You could say the same about any topic, does that mean it cant be discussed?

I posted a simple poll.......

But you are talking about decapitated kids.

I know which comes across as more offensive
    You started this thread and up until I posted it was all rather jovial but it is not jovial at all, so I responded as I am entitled to. The tragedy in UK I make no apology for I bet the surviving family wish that the polish driver had read a similar post and indeed the driver himself. You are entitled to discuss it but perhaps you should have made it clear that it has potentially devastating consequences, you did not , instead it was all a bit of a laugh till I got involved. You seem more concerned about being right to preserve your on line ego than acknowledging the facts.
    Your so called offensive about decapitated children, that is an unfortunate fact and maybe all drivers need to be confronted with it. If this offensive post saves lives I am all up for it. There is a media blitz on this v subject so you cannot be unaware of it. Maybe in the future when you chose a poll which has life taking, life changing consequences you may wish to frame it a bit better. I have no desire to enter into conflict with you but the subject is as serious as it gets at least when you are unlucky enough to be directly involved , and maybe you should just for once accept that and not be wanting the last word. Like I say go out to the NRH for a day then maybe you will understand.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

SmallHorn (17-12-16)

Reviews

You started this thread and up until I posted it was all rather jovial but it is not jovial at all, so I responded as I am entitled to. The tragedy in UK I make no apology for I bet the surviving family wish that the polish driver had read a similar post and indeed the driver himself. You are entitled to discuss it but perhaps you should have made it clear that it has potentially devastating consequences, you did not , instead it was all a bit of a laugh till I got involved. You seem more concerned about being right to preserve your on line ego than acknowledging the facts.
    Your so called offensive about decapitated children, that is an unfortunate fact and maybe all drivers need to be confronted with it. If this offensive post saves lives I am all up for it. There is a media blitz on this v subject so you cannot be unaware of it. Maybe in the future when you chose a poll which has life taking, life changing consequences you may wish to frame it a bit better. I have no desire to enter into conflict with you but the subject is as serious as it gets at least when you are unlucky enough to be directly involved , and maybe you should just for once accept that and not be wanting the last word. Like I say go out to the NRH for a day then maybe you will understand.
    Wont disagree with the buzzkill when you joined part.

All of my polls are life changing, some people may take offence, others may not. Thats how this whole thing works.

Now if I had have made a joke about a texting and driving accident I would understand your point. But I have not.

So to me it seems you are chatting a bit of shit and getting all pc on us.

So to clear it up, and have the possible last word:

Because I posted a poll that relates to an issue you have, (which I could never have known, nor do I know anything about you) does not equate to me saying it is ok to use your phone and drive, or insult your sensitive mind.

Send nudes

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmallHorn For This Useful Post:

Reviews

You have just proved my point, I am glad I killed the buzz on this, You made no direct joke here but reading it all there is nothing but jovial comments, so you are in that space. The difference here is I am trying to change behaviour for the common good you are just giving it out and actually really reaching to defend yourself. And doing a rather average job of it by getting into PC and sensitive mind stuff , You know maybe my posting on your thread may indirectly save your life one day or someone close to you Ironic ? Your posts not so much but know you so need to respond as you simply cant be wrong or vaguely admit an error in judgement.

As I say if reading this changes one persons driving behaviour I am more than happy to post, whats your motivation to keep challenging me ?

Anybody texting while driving in my opinion should be banned from driving for 6 months to 2 years and then forced to resit their test.
    I do not agree with it at all.
    Not once have I ever lifted the phone while driving to use it in anyway.
    Once the car had stopped, I looked at the phone to see if somebody may have tried to contact me, but never replied, just put the phone down.

If you killed somebody while using a phone, then you should be done for murder, not just dangerous driving.
    Last edited by Floki; 17-12-16 at 13:43.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (17-12-16), SmallHorn (17-12-16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast