Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A say day for America, a sad day for the world

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Asking you for specifics is dopey? You made a very vague statement, I just want to hear what you think Trump will or can do to help Detroit?
    Obama said we would have a better quality of life, never happened, every president promised our country change, never happened, i believe trump may give us that changeor will try, better than what Clinton would offer.

At least the sex is cheap over here and Donald loves the sex
    Last edited by JustinBeaver; 09-11-16 at 13:42.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JustinBeaver View Post
    Obama said we would have a better quality of life, never happened, every president promised our country change, never happened, i believe trump may give us that changeor will try, better than what Clinton would offer.

At least the sex is cheap over here and Donald loves the sex

Well I wouldn't hold your breath for any political system or figurehead to help out there. If you think Trump cares about anyone other than himself, I think you will end up very disappointed. That's why I don't see him having a second term. Good day to you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

MidlifeCrisis (09-11-16)

Well I wouldn't hold your breath for any political system or figurehead to help out there. If you think Trump cares about anyone other than himself, I think you will end up very disappointed. That's why I don't see him having a second term. Good day to you.
    In fairness you didn't see him having a first term either!!

We're all just going to have to wait and see what happens now. I remember the excitement when Obama was elected, everyone taught he was going to revolutionise American politics. They even had a first 100 days of Obama, to see what he had done, only to find out he had done nothing!! And Eight years down the line, they see he's done more of the same. Obama and the likes of Hillary are the reason Trump is the next president. They taught sitting around doing squat while appearing to be sympathetic, was going to fool everyone. Now everyone is up in arms calling the majority of Americans that voted, stupid (add expletive name here!!). A vote for Trump is a vote for Racism etc!! I can't say I was too surprised judging by Hillary's own poor form on not coming out to thank her supporters after her loss.
    They need to respect the decision now and just move on.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

And Clinton has a proven successful record in politics you jest surely Libya?
    She was going walk into a war with Russia
    Putin was the first to congratulate and trump will sit down with him also we don't need world war 3

Give the man a chance its amusing but its reality he not the status quo so let's see what its like outside it.
    Last edited by annabel taylor; 09-11-16 at 15:27.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Best Before (09-11-16), Prickly (10-11-16), tom sand (09-11-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    In fairness you didn't see him having a first term either!!

We're all just going to have to wait and see what happens now. I remember the excitement when Obama was elected, everyone taught he was going to revolutionise American politics. They even had a first 100 days of Obama, to see what he had done, only to find out he had done nothing!! And Eight years down the line, they see he's done more of the same. Obama and the likes of Hillary are the reason Trump is the next president. They taught sitting around doing squat while appearing to be sympathetic, was going to fool everyone. Now everyone is up in arms calling the majority of Americans that voted, stupid (add expletive name here!!). A vote for Trump is a vote for Racism etc!! I can't say I was too surprised judging by Hillary's own poor form on not coming out to thank her supporters after her loss.
    They need to respect the decision now and just move on.
    Indeed, I admit I was hopeful for the other candidate to win, and the majority of people and all the polling suggested the same thing. I would think most people are surprised, even Trump himself and his team seemed to think early yesterday they had little chance. But I accept I got it wrong, and have no issue with that.

I think a lot of people are upset - but I think it is short-sighted to say all his voters were stupid. As I said here or on one of the other (too many) threads, I think it was a protest vote. The trouble is, unfortunately, that a populist vote can backfire. Sometimes the establishment is the only way to get things done

Obama's presidential campaign was run on a positive message though, you must realise the difference. And I would argue that his inability to get things done came from a congress and senate that were completely at loggerheads.

Anyway, I have Trump and US election fatigue. I'm off to look at internet cat videos on youtube!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Best Before (09-11-16)

Reviews

stop being so pessimistic, you're bringing us all down, he cant be any worst than what we had before

Indeed, I admit I was hopeful for the other candidate to win, and the majority of people and all the polling suggested the same thing. I would think most people are surprised, even Trump himself and his team seemed to think early yesterday they had little chance. But I accept I got it wrong, and have no issue with that.

I think a lot of people are upset - but I think it is short-sighted to say all his voters were stupid. As I said here or on one of the other (too many) threads, I think it was a protest vote. The trouble is, unfortunately, that a populist vote can backfire. Sometimes the establishment is the only way to get things done

Obama's presidential campaign was run on a positive message though, you must realise the difference. And I would argue that his inability to get things done came from a congress and senate that were completely at loggerheads.

Anyway, I have Trump and US election fatigue. I'm off to look at internet cat videos on youtube!
    No worries here, Trump has united both parliaments for a change.
    I don't profess to understand everything about politics and especially not American politics. But I could never figure out why it was in general that when a democrat was in the white house the republicans controlled the senate and visa versa. But it was suggested to me recently that both parties liked it that way so no-one could have all the power and then no one could get the blame if they got it wrong!! I expect they taught Hillary was going to be president so stick in a republican senate to blockade any of her policies.
    Now some real change might happen, hopefully for the best.
    Last edited by Best Before; 09-11-16 at 15:50.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (09-11-16)

Reviews

stop being so pessimistic, you're bringing us all down, he cant be any worst than what we had before
    Well that is your opinion, mine is different. Feel better, nobody can make you feel down except yourself. Don't listen to anonymous fools on the internet. My opinion is my own and valid for me. I am entitled to be down myself about the result because I do think it is bad. I hope to be proven wrong. But all evidence of the man's history makes me feel that there are dark days ahead. I truly hope I am proven wrong.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    And Clinton has a proven successful record in politics you jest surely Libya?
    She was going walk into a war with Russia
    Putin was the first to congratulate and trump will sit down with him also we don't need world war 3

Give the man a chance its amusing but its reality he not the status quo so let's see what its like outside it.
    Lol, I never said Hillary was an angel. But nobody is going to just walk into a war with Russia. Indeed, we will see what happens. There is nothing else to do really

what do you mean?
    Bush? I take it?

Cause I really admired Obama.
    Such a natural charisma this guy had.
    was very difficult not to like him.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (09-11-16), gonzo76 (09-11-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (09-11-16)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast