Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: debate 2016

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    with a difference. Watch it, if you're open to facts.
    I'm as open to 'facts' from network comedians as I'm sure you are open to 'facts' from alternative media.

Remember, the name of the game is to shoot the messenger and ignore the message.

Reviews

Don,t believe any of them will affect us here so have no interest in the debate as it,s a mud slinging match
    If people think Trump has not got a hope !!!!

Remember they voted in a Cowboy once

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Blog Entries

Trump is worse than just saying mean things. He has no respect or regard for anyone. He is dishonest and lies and doesn't seem to care that it is obvious. He is racist, He has lost far more than he had gained financially due to inheritance. He went to Scotland and said he would make a golf course that would create lots of jobs, tourism and industry for the area. People lost their homes to accommodate this money maker for the area and he employed people to do work on the golf course and didn't pay them the full rate agreed to. Then when it was built he decided he wanted to keep it for himself, so all the promised tourism does not exist.

He will say what he needs to say to get what he wants. He knows very well how to play that game, but he very rarely follows through with the empty promises he makes and doesn't care who he hurts in the process. During the first debate there was a workman present who he had ripped off and not paid in full. In order to save face he implied that he wasn't happy with the work he had done and now the guy is not only out of pocket, but has had his reputation tarnished.

I don't know how anyone could vote for the man. Having said that, I wouldn't want to vote for Hilary either.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    Trump is worse than just saying mean things. He has no respect or regard for anyone. He is dishonest and lies and doesn't seem to care that it is obvious. He is racist, He has lost far more than he had gained financially due to inheritance. He went to Scotland and said he would make a golf course that would create lots of jobs, tourism and industry for the area. People lost their homes to accommodate this money maker for the area and he employed people to do work on the golf course and didn't pay them the full rate agreed to. Then when it was built he decided he wanted to keep it for himself, so all the promised tourism does not exist.

He will say what he needs to say to get what he wants. He knows very well how to play that game, but he very rarely follows through with the empty promises he makes and doesn't care who he hurts in the process. During the first debate there was a workman present who he had ripped off and not paid in full. In order to save face he implied that he wasn't happy with the work he had done and now the guy is not only out of pocket, but has had his reputation tarnished.

I don't know how anyone could vote for the man. Having said that, I wouldn't want to vote for Hilary either.
    TBH he sounds like all politicians

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post
    I'm as open to 'facts' from network comedians as I'm sure you are open to 'facts' from alternative media.

Remember, the name of the game is to shoot the messenger and ignore the message.
    I'll watch anything you want to posit to support your arguments. Propose something credible for me then to convince me. That photo - every statement on it about Hillary is false and can be backed up as patently false (The John Oliver video was quicker than typing it all out). If you have any reference material to back it up, please do so.

But to suggest that Donald Trump has merely "Said mean things" is also patently false, and if you're willing to turn a blind eye to that, then fill your boots. But a Trump presidency would be a disaster of epic proportions for the world, were it to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    TBH he sounds like all politicians
    They don't put it in their speeches and make it their manifesto and the rest he never apologises for. At least they try to appear decent. This man is blatant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    Blatant........yes but gives it to you straight. I like that.
    Are you mad? Straight? He chops and changes like the direction of the wind.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (12-10-16), gonzo76 (11-10-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Don,t believe any of them will affect us here so have no interest in the debate as it,s a mud slinging match
    If people think Trump has not got a hope !!!!

Remember they voted in a Cowboy once
    You don't think it affects us? What happened to the world when they voted in that cowboy? Are you suggesting it hasn't affected you?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

How many Haitians lost more than their houses at the hands of the Clinton's, who made millions out of a charity that's never been audited. They are the danger, steal a phrase from Walter White.

This is not a popularity contest. Trump knows that. Say what you like about the guy, but he loves his country and is a real patriot. Clinton is only in it for her own personal prestige and to enrich herself and the family name. I think a lot of Americans have seen through her veneer to the hypocrisy . Everyone thinks Trump is going to going straight for the nuclear button when he gets into power, it will probably be the opposite. He's no interest in the problems of other countries and he will probably start pulling out troops from these countries. I know he's said some very racist stuff about muslins and mexicans, but I don't believe he's going to turf them all out. But you can be sure he's going to firm up all the laws regarding illegal imigrants off which there are millions possibly Billions including Irish.
    You look at Australia, they let no one into their country, unless you have something to offer them. Either you're well educated or you can enhance your community in some way. Most the illegals in america be it mexicans or other ethnic minorities, seldom give anything back into the social system as they live and work in the black market.
    He will also try to change and cut out any tax breaks that big american corporations benefit from in other countries. This will not be a good thing for Ireland but it will for america. You see's he not out to make friends, but just to make america great again.

I personally think America's fucked either way. They Vote in Clinton and the status quo remains america keeps meddling in other peoples affairs while middle america suffers. Or you Vote in a Gobshite that probably has America's best interests at heart but will be constantly on the back foot because he says a lot of the stuff other people are thinking.
    Last edited by Best Before; 11-10-16 at 14:47.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast