Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Health Screening in Ireland ....

Thanks for very important information about such important topics.

very worthwhile and useful information..health is important...knowledge is power and your health is your wealth..

Blog Entries

WOW....alot of discussions while i have been gone.

With regards to Ninja...i can say that i have yet to meet a person who was able to identify sero conversion symptoms at the time they were happening. It is something that is usually identified retrospectively. I have met many people who experience symptoms of stress, especially if they have partners at home that they are concerned about, after having a condom break during sex with someone else. These symptoms often look like the ones stated as being 'HIV sero conversion' through googling health concerns. Testing too often can also cause stress and emotional trauma which can cause the kind of symptoms you are exhibiting. What people here have already written is all true and i have sent you a PM so you can get support if you want it.

Due to my years of working in sexual health, i have created a new word "googlies". I define it as the feeling of stress induced by googling health related concerns and i put it into the Urban Dictionary in 2016 because i am seeing this more often than i am seeing HIV diagnosis. Might i suggest that you have given yourself the googlies? When we are reading things on the internet it is important to remember that most of the information about HIV is written from a preventative perspective, not a supportive one. Also, quite a lot of websites are out of date....GOSHH site needs updating as i write this.

And to The Libertarian...you are quite correct, a healthy vaginal fluid can kill the HIV virus, as can stomach acid, air, heat and cold. It is not a very resilient virus whether we are talking about type 1 or type 2. Also...as humans we do have a certain level of natural resistance which is why it is unusual to contract HIV from one encounter, and also why transmission is more likely if another STI is present (because our natural resistance level is lower).

With regards to woman to woman transmission rates being low....this also has a lot to do with the way in which HIV transmits itself. It needs to get inside a persons body without coming into contact with air. Two women rarely find themselves in a situation where vaginal fluid or blood from one enters the other without first coming into contact with air. (Paraurethral fluid is not considered infectious).
    Last edited by GOSHH; 23-03-18 at 12:36.
    This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GOSHH For This Useful Post:

delicious jade (24-07-18), Hardun (30-06-18)

Just seen the post about changing condom between vaginal and anal , why must that be done?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bondvillian1 View Post
    Just seen the post about changing condom between vaginal and anal , why must that be done?
    New condom between vaginal/anal/oral so you don't transfer bacteria. If bacteria from the anus gets into the vagina it can cause serious infections.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VictoriasSecretAngel For This Useful Post:

DrAlan (09-04-18), GOSHH (10-04-18)

8. Default

I can recommend Himerus Health for an excellent health screening service, vaccinations, discreet atmosphere.

http://sticlinicdublin.ie

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictoriasSecretAngel For This Useful Post:

DrAlan (09-04-18), GOSHH (07-09-18)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriasSecretAngel View Post
    New condom between vaginal/anal/oral so you don't transfer bacteria. If bacteria from the anus gets into the vagina it can cause serious infections.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    This profile is used by Billie - the Community Support Worker at GOSHH.
    support@goshh.ie 0872192848 061314354 www.goshh.ie

11. Default

Thanks dude !

Thanks dude

Ah right yeah, I thought he just meant going one way instead of switching alot, got tested almost 3 weeks ago privately and still nothing yet

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bondvillian1 For This Useful Post:

GOSHH (12-04-18)

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast