Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A trolling question for LuckyLu...................

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    OK,

I have put the following request for the IT, my colleague who it the Top Master in the forums area told me this this should be achievable, (considering his current workload), within, let's say a week?

The aim: to limit the trolling on the website and the 10 posts rush by the newly registered users only.
    The proposal: To set up a formula on the forums, that if your number of post < 11 (0 to 10) the first 10 posts need to be approved before publishing by a moderator.
    But once somebody has posted 10 times, becomes a Registered User and can posts freely, which means that post 11 and + will appear with no delays.

TA DA!
    While you have a sympathetic ear of your IT colleague, I think that formula could be reworked to lessen the workload of wading through everybodys first posts.
    What if the formula is written that posts from a new user need to be approved if reported.
    I also think its possible to make use of the reputation points system. Its very easy for a few of us to put a new user into negative rep, if a formula was written to limit the posts of a user with negative rep I think we can solve this problem.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (09-06-16)

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    While you have a sympathetic ear of your IT colleague, I think that formula could be reworked to lessen the workload of wading through everybodys first posts.
    What if the formula is written that posts from a new user need to be approved if reported.
    I also think its possible to make use of the reputation points system. Its very easy for a few of us to put a new user into negative rep, if a formula was written to limit the posts of a user with negative rep I think we can solve this problem.
    but in order to report it you would have to see it published firsts...

Reviews

Or a simple restriction.

New users can post 5 responses per day for first 30 days.
    New users can post 1 original thread per week for first 30 days.
    New users cannot post for 5 days after joining.

The numbers/days can change but this adds no extra workload for mods.

Quote Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
    That makes no sense whatsoever. omg
    That won't work but at least you are being forced to do something, that's kinda cool
    welcome back OutKast,
    long time no see
    Please feel free to share your ideas on what would make sense and could help everybody,
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post
    Or a simple restriction.

thank you for your input.
    good thinking. we will come up with something along those lines
    Last edited by LuckyLu; 09-06-16 at 09:18.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

ClarkKent (09-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post
    Or a simple restriction.

Those restrictions 30 days are terrible and will kill the forum. Problem with restricting posts is only casual trolls are stopped, the scum who are also potential troublemakers in real life if they want to caise problem on the forum will wait out the restriction period.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    I think this is an excellent idea, auto delete and temporary ban, (until a mod is online) new users if one of their posts is reported by 5 established members.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

philipkntz (09-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    So your solution is to hire more people to monitor messages. Everything comes down to cost.
    I never said to hire any extra people (Just work the existing mods to the bone with no extra pay like is done in SportsDirect / Amazon)

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    While it is great to see Lu back & as you say she does follow things up it has been Doc that has banned the vast majority of these trolls recently so I think that he deserves a special mention.
    I see Doc more as the emergency response unit
    The problem needs to be stopped before he feels its time to put bullets in his gun

OK,

I have put the following request for the IT, my colleague who it the Top Master in the forums area told me this this should be achievable, (considering his current workload), within, let's say a week?

The aim: to limit the trolling on the website and the 10 posts rush by the newly registered users only.
    The proposal: To set up a formula on the forums, that if your number of post < 11 (0 to 10) the first 10 posts need to be approved before publishing by a moderator.
    But once somebody has posted 10 times, becomes a Registered User and can posts freely, which means that post 11 and + will appear with no delays.

TA DA!
    Many thanks
    (Sure lets see how it goes eh............................at least if its tried and doesn't work ,no one can say the problem was ignored )

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Reviews

OK,

TA DA!
    Forgot to say..................I assume 10 posts in different threads that say "Hi, Im new here...hope everyone is ok" will not be considered worthy of publishing

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

13. Default

welcome back OutKast,
    long time no see
    Please feel free to share your ideas on what would make sense and could help everybody,
    xxx

thank you for your input.
    good thinking. we will come up with something along those lines
    how is it? it only will target genuine decent newbies as most that sign up are genuine people anyway and we were all newbies at some stage, it will only limit their input to the forums and put them off, the forums at present are very stale with only a handful of members bringing some useful info and light entertainment to the table, it may sound like a great idea to those members already established but again they are only thinking of themselves here not others who would like to join and contribute as definitely this forum needs new blood and by bringing in such measures will only diminish the supply.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ballsup For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Those restrictions 30 days are terrible and will kill the forum. Problem with restricting posts is only casual trolls are stopped, the scum who are also potential troublemakers in real life if they want to caise problem on the forum will wait out the restriction period.
    Yes exactly, trolls already have in many cases multiple accounts.
    Number of posts or waiting period will only mean they'll operate an account in a reasonable fashion before using it when the opportunity arises to have their fun.

And anyway the odd time these trolls will write something that the rest of us wouldn't have to balls to write.
    So I say leave it as it is, and ban them if need be.
    Last edited by TonyB; 09-06-16 at 10:57.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast