Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland Tour To South Africa

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    But if it would be the likes of Nigel Owens he might go to TMO and TMO says x but since he has the experience, knowledge, he's well able to make a decision, unlike this ref, TMO after every try was ridiculous...

Btw Joe Scmidt to leave soon??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/0...ntact-schmidt/
    It was his first big game and he was way too cautious

Schmidt always wanted to coach the All Blacks

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Stella (13-06-16)

Reviews

C. J. Stander gets one week ban and misses the next test
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    It was his first big game and he was way too cautious

Schmidt always wanted to coach the All Blacks
    What NZ rugby coach wouldn't want to coach the All-Blacks?
    And Schmidt has a pretty good CV.
    May not announce his intentions til July.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    C. J. Stander gets one week ban and misses the next test

So after all the debating they stand by the referee's decision that it was a red card.

I don't want to see any Irish player sent off but imo it was a red card and if an Irish Player

was taken out like that I would not have been happy with the offender.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mushi View Post
    Nice to see a thread about a real sport. Red card was entirely correct. As always the biased will disagree with their man ever getting censured but thats par for the course. A quite magnificent display by Ireland. Just goes to show how BOD, POC, ROG and Johnny Sexton have been holding us back all these years.
    I suppose after considering it for a few days the red was justified given how badly hurt Lambi was. At least there are no injury concerns for the next test.

And I really disagree that BOD, POC and ROG were holding the team back. They did win a grand slam, two championships and a few triple crowns in their time.

So they were not exactly underachievers. They did their country proud.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Irish Team V S.A.

IRELAND: Jared Payne (Ulster); Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster), Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Leinster), Stuart Olding (Ballymena/Ulster), Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster); Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster), Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster); Jack McGrath (St Mary’s/Leinster), Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster, capt), Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster), Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster), Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht), Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster), Rhys Ruddock (St Mary’s/Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster). Replacements _ Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster), David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster), Finlay Bealham (Corinthians/Connacht), Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster), Sean Reidy (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht), Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster), Tiernan O'Halloran (Buccaneers/Connacht).

Any thoughts
    Funny how Roux make,s team and Dillane not

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Well maybe about time to have a club world cup final
    The two winners play in a final ???

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Irish Team V S.A.

IRELAND: Jared Payne (Ulster); Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster), Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Leinster), Stuart Olding (Ballymena/Ulster), Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster); Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster), Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster); Jack McGrath (St Mary’s/Leinster), Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster, capt), Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster), Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster), Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht), Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster), Rhys Ruddock (St Mary’s/Leinster), Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster). Replacements _ Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster), David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster), Finlay Bealham (Corinthians/Connacht), Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster), Sean Reidy (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht), Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster), Tiernan O'Halloran (Buccaneers/Connacht).

Any thoughts
    Funny how Roux make,s team and Dillane not
    I have no idea why Roux is even on the tour. He can't even get into the Connacht team. Apart from that it is a good team though probably not the best that we can put out.

I think maybe Schmidt is targeting the final test as the one to seal a series win. He's rolling the dice for this Saturday with the less experienced players.

I think there will be a huge response from South Africa in the 2nd test so once they have let out their frustrations out we can come back at them with a full strength and rested team for the 3rd test.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (18-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mushi View Post
    world cup and SH opposition is what it's all about - six nations is second rate shite and H cup is only provincial knockabout - I watch super 15 when I want to see rugby as it ought to be.
    Kinda hard to argue with that. Too much of the rugby in the northern hemisphere is just awful stuff to watch. It's the reason that I don't go to matches anymore. It's just not worth the cost.

But still I don't mean to demean the achievements that past Ireland teams have made.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    19-3 lead for ireland at ht. Thats a great lead.
    it would be great to see them win
    go boil your head

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast