Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your health

Forgot about the mental health side of things.... I had depression (sometimes very severe) for roughly 8 years. Only just got "free" of it around the end of last year.
    I'm not married and couldn't hold down a relationship because of it.
    Didn't really help that I didn't confide in anyone about it.
    But it's all over now thank Christ

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xryan67 For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (07-05-16), Clueless (07-05-16), tom sand (08-05-16), Wolverine (08-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xryan67 View Post
    Forgot about the mental health side of things.... I had depression (sometimes very severe) for roughly 8 years. Only just got "free" of it around the end of last year.
    I'm not married and couldn't hold down a relationship because of it.
    Didn't really help that I didn't confide in anyone about it.
    But it's all over now thank Christ
    Good on you and admitting it or I suppose just telling someone how you are feeling is good.
    Wish you all the best for the future .
    Last edited by blue rebel; 07-05-16 at 22:16.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

xryan67 (07-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Good on you and admitting it or I suppose just telling someone how you are feeling is good.
    Wish you all the best for the future .
    Admission isn't the hard part. The hard part is actually wanting to help yourself. If you don't want to help yourself, then no amount of counselling/therapy/drugs can help you.

If you're living a life where you have no desires to make it better, then you're stuck in an eternal purgatory for the remainder of your so-called 'life'.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (08-05-16), xryan67 (08-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Admission isn't the hard part. The hard part is actually wanting to help yourself. If you don't want to help yourself, then no amount of counselling/therapy/drugs can help you.

If you're living a life where you have no desires to make it better, then you're stuck in an eternal purgatory for the remainder of your so-called 'life'.
    Never been depressed but have had close relatives in the previous generation with chronic, intractable bouts of severe depression sometimes point of suicide, - a definite genetic component.
    Those in really, severe clinical depression lack the ability to admit anything or to seek any kind of help. Some neurotransmitters in some parts of the heir brain are totally out of whack and all they can concentrate on is their pain and feelings of misery.. If they are lucky they have loved ones that go the extra mile for them, but a minority never truly leave it behind. Most do of course, hopefully henefit from treatment.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (09-05-16), Mister Anderson (12-05-16), Wolverine (09-05-16)

Yes, health is everything I do check regularly and everything is ok. My health is one of the most important thing in my life!!! And it has to be still ok! I dont smoke/drink. I try to live healthy go to gym etc, sleep enough hours, eat fruits/veggies everyday.
    ❤️❤️❤️ Do not miss Your best experience - Goodbye - See You in July/Limerick ‼️‼️ ❤️❤️❤️

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LLLLL For This Useful Post:

alcatel (09-05-16), casman (09-05-16), Clueless (09-05-16), tom sand (09-05-16)

My health is so bad I think I am on the way out.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joe00 View Post
    My health is so bad I think I am on the way out.
    How so ? But you are still young?

Headaches, fatigue, back pain. Feeling rough, mate.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Never been depressed but have had close relatives in the previous generation with chronic, intractable bouts of severe depression sometimes point of suicide, - a definite genetic component.
    Those in really, severe clinical depression lack the ability to admit anything or to seek any kind of help. Some neurotransmitters in some parts of the heir brain are totally out of whack and all they can concentrate on is their pain and feelings of misery.. If they are lucky they have loved ones that go the extra mile for them, but a minority never truly leave it behind. Most do of course, hopefully henefit from treatment.
    There are those of us however that no amount of treatment can help. Not a good place to be, believe me.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Sweating like a pig in this weather too. Can be very embarrassing when the shirt you are wearing is so covered in sweat that looks like you have jumped in a swimming pool. Out of breath when walking too which is a troubling sign.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast