Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burner / punter phones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Burner / punter phones

After using my own phone for years I decided to get a designated phone fo punting , I have had s bill paid phone for decades , but not used to pre-pay .
    I buy €10 top with cash , but doesn't seem to last long even with not many calls,( do you have a certain time to use credit ) they want credit card details etc to do a deal ,which defeats the purpose of being discreet , any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by ford pefect View Post
    After using my own phone for years I decided to get a designated phone fo punting , I have had s bill paid phone for decades , but not used to pre-pay .
    I buy €10 top with cash , but doesn't seem to last long even with not many calls,( do you have a certain time to use credit ) they want credit card details etc to do a deal ,which defeats the purpose of being discreet , any suggestions ?
    Turn off all the other features on your phone, particularly the internet, mobile data etc. A lot of phones use a push service to keep themselves updated, and this features connects periodically to the internet, which will use credit.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LazarusRisen For This Useful Post:

bollocks (14-04-16), TonyB (14-04-16), Wolverine (14-04-16)

If you're concerned about discretion, what about a sim card plan? I am not sure what kind of phone you have bought for this purpose, but assuming your personal phone is a smart phone you should be able to just switch in between the sim cards. I know all the major carriers have some version of this, it is what I use for my personal phone (my carrier is 3!) I don't recall if I had to do anything when getting the sim card other than paying the couple euro it cost... and for my monthly bill I just buy a 20Euro topup from the local Spar once a month. It gives me unlimited texts, calls, and data.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeCrisis View Post
    You must be very chatty! I use a cheap Tesco Mobile PAYG one, topped up with vouchers. I have put a total of £50 on it, for over 40 appointments - a tiny fraction of my costs. It is a UK number so I would expect calls to Irish numbers to be more expensive as well.
    It's an 086 on three network Yand I only use it to make appointments, other than that it's switched off, yet I have to top it up regularly which is a nuisance , I thought if I could do a monthly plan without giving personal details it would be better

Reviews

It's an 086 on three network Yand I only use it to make appointments, other than that it's switched off, yet I have to top it up regularly which is a nuisance , I thought if I could do a monthly plan without giving personal details it would be better
    rates are about 15c/min, so if youre topping up by 20....you can work out actually you are on the phone... so you are using your credit in about 5 hours! fuck me, how often are you punting to need 5 hours of talk time per month

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    rates are about 15c/min, so if youre topping up by 20....you can work out actually you are on the phone... so you are using your credit in about 5 hours! fuck me, how often are you punting to need 5 hours of talk time per month
    He's tom rambos secretary

8. The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

alcatel (14-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redforever View Post
    He's tom rambos secretary
    or gets lost............alot

Reviews

You must be very chatty! I use a cheap Tesco Mobile PAYG one, topped up with vouchers. I have put a total of £50 on it, for over 40 appointments - a tiny fraction of my costs. It is a UK number so I would expect calls to Irish numbers to be more expensive as well.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    buy an add on / bundle or whatever its called.

I'm sure vodafone do 20 euro a month unlimited calls and texts.... or something along those lines....
    Yeah. They'll want to sign something for the guarantee just make up a name an address. Seen a ready to go smartphone for around 40 quid in a vodafone shop there recently.

Reviews

€20/month vodaphone gives unlimited calls to other vodaphone numbers for the month. You will be charged for calls to other networks but you should get quite a bit out of it if you keep calls short.
    Tesco is probably the most economical, 15 euros gives a large volume of calls and a generous internet allowance for the month, of course some do not like 089.
    Others will probably knoe about other networks or deals.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

Wolverine (14-04-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast