Stephanie (01-01-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Which are you ??
    ISTJ, but it varies a bit, sometimes an N in there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Empirical For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (01-01-16)

Reviews

For me, it definitely depends on the overall context of the situation, such as the setting/location, purpose of the interaction, and the people who are part of it.

There are certainly some contexts in which I would be quite extroverted, open, outgoing and chatty, always something to say and participating in whatever is happening.

But there are other situations where I would be the polar opposite, quiet and reserved, stoic and aloof, so perhaps very introverted.

So I suppose that I could be more extroverted by putting myself into more social settings where I'm comfortable.

Case in point:

I've rarely managed to even get a conversation going with a lady at a pub or nite club; I'm terrible in the approach, fumble with my 'icebreakers', and can barely get a conversation started, let alone even to get it moving towards anything more.

--BUT--

Get a Lady to join me for an afternoon coffee and a bit of intellectual chat, and my chances are better than average...

So for me, context is everything, usually... Except for last night!!!
    Last edited by Cable87; 01-01-16 at 14:57.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (01-01-16)

Love

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    For me, it definitely depends on the overall context of the situation, such as the setting/location, purpose of the interaction, and the people who are part of it.

There are certainly some contexts in which I would be quite extroverted, open, outgoing and chatty, always something to say and participating in whatever is happening.

But there are other situations where I would be the polar opposite, quiet and reserved, stoic and aloof, so perhaps very introverted.

So I suppose that I could be more extroverted by putting myself into more social settings where I'm comfortable.

Case in point:

I've rarely managed to even get a conversation going with a lady at a pub or nite club; I'm terrible in the approach, fumble with my 'icebreakers', and can barely get a conversation started, let alone even to get it moving towards anything more.

--BUT--

Get a Lady to join me for an afternoon coffee and a bit of intellectual chat, and my chances are better than average...

So for me, context is everything, usually... Except for last night!!!
    HaHa xxx

How did it turn out lol !??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (01-01-16)

Reviews

HaHa xxx

How did it turn out lol !??

She didn't want to go out somewhere, just a walk by the river and back to her place before midnight...

Stayed until 4am, got a good bye handshake at the door...

I guess getting invited to spend New Year's Eve alone with a married woman whose relationship is on the rocks while her husband is out of town DOES NOT mean what I thought it would mean!
    Last edited by Cable87; 01-01-16 at 17:43.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

tom sand (01-01-16)

11. Default

Which are you ??
    Introverted at times depends on the setting. What about you?

12. Default

She didn't want to go out somewhere, just a walk by the river and back to her place before midnight...

Stayed until 4am, got a good bye handshake at the door...

I guess getting invited to spend New Year's Eve alone with a married woman whose relationship is on the rocks while her husband is out of town DOES NOT mean what I thought it would mean!
    Not even a hug or a peck on the cheek? Any chance of following up with her again?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bonsten View Post
    Not even a hug or a peck on the cheek? Any chance of following up with her again?

Hmmmmm...

Don't really know, to be honest; I did have a nice time with her, some interesting conversation, despite the obvious misunderstanding on my part about the premise of our interaction-- wouldn't you have thought there was something more going on if you got a similar invitation under those circumstances?

Aside from the obvious complication of the husband, there are other factors which would make a fling with her both awkward and messy, the least of which not being the fact that I'll be temporarily relocating (yet again) for the better part of 6 months. So I'll probably just leave it at a rather strange 'friendship', for whatever that will be worth...

I suppose I had my reasons to give it a try, even though I knew it would be messy even under the best of conditions. I'd probably have just spent New Year's at home alone otherwise for one thing. And I guess I wanted to actually put some effort into 'scoring' some sex instead of paying cash up-front for 'time and companionship', for a rare change... It would be nice to feel like there's possibly a lady or two left out there in the world who would actually WANT to throw me a shag because SHE wants ME, not because she's receiving financial compensation; it's been a long while since that's happened...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

bonsten (02-01-16)

Reviews

INTJ

From reading the analysis, it seems a good enough approximation...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (02-01-16)

17. Default

--BUT--

What would you talk about in an intellectual chat?

Hmmmmm...

Don't really know, to be honest; I did have a nice time with her, some interesting conversation
    we are probably very different people but I think sometimes the best thing you can do is stop talking and make your move. I see a lot of guys miss there chance by talking all night and talking themselves out of a shift and a ride. no offence.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast