Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inhomanity to man and wo-man

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cosa Nostra View Post
    Never mind religion, basic humanity and compassion indicates euthanasia for people or animals that are suffering a terminal illness with no hope of recovery or cure.

I have promised members of my family that if they are heading towards a vegative state, double incontinance, in pain, etc. that I will bring them to Dignitas in Switzerland to allow them perform assisted suicide.

Might sound cold and callous, but to me it's an act of love.

I don't think there's anything cold and callous in that decision if it's made from a place of love. Quite the opposite actually, it's a very hard decision to make and one that should be made without the looming shadow of religious dogma.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (13-10-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't think animals should come into this conversation. Not the same thing in my view.

My problem with euthanasia is some people might feel pressured by there family's. I think if you are going to have a terrible death you should make your case before a judge and let them decide if there is pressure on you or not. But most doctors/family members will help you out in private I think anyway. And if they don't, useless!

Well I have no intention of telling any of mine.

The fear that family pressure might be an influence is a valid concern, I'd hope that Ireland would take the precautionary measures that Switzerland have done.

I disagree about the animals by the way, I don't think there's a lot of difference between us and the rest of the animal kingdom. I think if we're lucky enough to grow a bit more as a species we'll finally realize that.

My hippy side of course.

And yes, I won't tell any of mine either. Until I have them firmly strapped in the chair

(joking)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12