Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro 12. 15/16

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    I have mixed views on whether or not Munster should make the Champions Cup next season. If they did qualify it would paper over all the cracks in the structure and that would not be good going foward. However not qualifying means loss of revenue and that would be a disaster for the finances which are already in a bad way.

The last round against Glasgow will be vital for Connacht. As for a new stadium is there the possibility that the Sportsground could be bought from the Irish Greyhound Board and then further developed? The history, culture and atmosphere has been built up in the Sportsground and would all that transfer to a new stadium?
    There is a rumour about that but it is the chicken and egg story.
    The track loses money and the Rugby keeps it going , so they do not want to sell, Status QUO suits them.
    If the Rugby pulls out then they will have to sell but to who ? probably a developer
    They will not sell as it is now.
    The GAA were trying to get them into Pierce Stadium , that would be a pure disaster.
    It,s all in limbo and will be for years.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (29-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    I think if Munster win their last 2 games then they should make it into the champions cup???? As the last team?
    If we win our next game well we should nearly have a home semi but the warriors are playing very well at the moment , they had a very good win over the Scatlets, I would have expected the Scatlets to have done better

Going to be traffic jams around turners cross tonight with Munster playing and Cork City playing.
    I will be at the cross supporting Caulfields boys, but hope munster get a result.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (29-04-16)

Reviews

There is a rumour about that but it is the chicken and egg story.
    The track loses money and the Rugby keeps it going , so they do not want to sell, Status QUO suits them.
    If the Rugby pulls out then they will have to sell but to who ? probably a developer
    They will not sell as it is now.
    The GAA were trying to get them into Pierce Stadium , that would be a pure disaster.
    It,s all in limbo and will be for years.
    Interesting scenario bud indeed.
    Pearse Stadium is a fine grounds but parking and access into and out of is bad. Good for the seaside and the ladies though
    When Connacht are playing next season in the Champions Cup there will be need for extra capacity in terms of crowd. Pat Lam stated that there were around 1,000 people turned away for the last 2 home games played. If Connacht is to continue to build on what has been achieved so far then there is need to be able to cater for the additional supporters.

Reviews

Another fine Munster Mess during the week.

On Monday last at 3pm CJ Stander was asked were the players told about "Rassie" Erasmus. His response was no not yet. We dont even know what is going on. We just have to concentrate on the next 2 weeks. We will probably get a text at some stage about what is going on.

Later on Monday at 3.35pm Anthony Foley was asked did the players know about the new appointment. His response was the following. To be honest it was said to the players this morning, it was done and dusted in 30 seconds. Move on no questions.

Doesn't seem good for Munster going by that. Lose tonight and the s**t will really hit the fire.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (29-04-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Interesting scenario bud indeed.
    Pearse Stadium is a fine grounds but parking and access into and out of is bad. Good for the seaside and the ladies though
    When Connacht are playing next season in the Champions Cup there will be need for extra capacity in terms of crowd. Pat Lam stated that there were around 1,000 people turned away for the last 2 home games played. If Connacht is to continue to build on what has been achieved so far then there is need to be able to cater for the additional supporters.
    Yes , Galway needs approx 15k allseater stadium for rugby
    Sports ground is perfect but problems as stated
    Pierce stadium has been the down fall of Galway football team , not for here are the reasons , as this is a rugby thread

Perfect solution ?????
    Sell the sport ground to Connacht and let them develop it for rugby
    Sadly that ain't going to happen
    Last edited by willie wacker; 29-04-16 at 15:40.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (29-04-16), The D Man (29-04-16)

Reviews

A fucking disaster ffs

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (29-04-16), The D Man (29-04-16)

Reviews

A fucking disaster ffs
    Did Connacht take Treviso for granted? Sometimes when you give the opposition confidence during a game it rises them up and they win. Alot of teams find it difficult to win in Treviso. There are always going to speed bumps along the way. Not the end of the world yet for Connacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Munster leave it late but they get a bonus point win, and deny edinburgh a losing bonus point. Well done munster. At least their fate is in their own hands.
    Munster fall over the line for the win. Still making basic mistakes. Scrum and line out under pressure. Good win but need to continue next week.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Ulster were really fired up for Leinster especially Paddy Jackson.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

So any predictions for the last round of games? I think connacht will be up against it, glasgow to win. Leinster to get a bonus point win, ulster to lose against ospreys, but still make the semi finals and munster to just beat scarlets. Home semi finals for glasgow and leinster .
    Kinda agree, I think Connacht missed the boat big time last week.

Sticking my neck out and going for a Connacht win and Leinster for a home semi

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (11-05-16)

Reviews

well done with your prediction willie, u can stick your neck out further now and hold your head high. Great win, now can they do the same again in a few weeks time. Semi final line up, leinster v ulster, connacht v glasgow.
    And I was right lol. Had to back my local team
    I now will go for a Connacht -ulster final
    Ulster seem to have a bit of edge over Leinster
    I was right about Munster scraping the last spot too

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

19. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (11-05-16)

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast