Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: tv shows you like and dislikes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    So can someone tell me how gory is Hannibal? The Silence Of The Lambs is one of the greatest movies of all time, but Hannibal is three seasons and I heard it's really rough for gore which I'm not sure I'd want to sit through haha, but I heard it's brilliant. Obviously it's going to be violent with the subject matter...just I heard it was extremely graphic which would put me off. I also wanted to watch Oz, but I heard that's another one that's just brutal for non stop violence.
    I'd say Hannibal is more arty and weird than gory. I did watch it ok but wasn't any way disappointed when it was cancelled.

Oz is a different story. Maybe it has dated a bit at this stage but was compulsive viewing.

I wouldn't say it's particularly gory, obviously there is a lot of violence in a prison drama but it's not exploited.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (10-04-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I'd say Hannibal is more arty and weird than gory. I did watch it ok but wasn't any way disappointed when it was cancelled.

Oz is a different story. Maybe it has dated a bit at this stage but was compulsive viewing.

I wouldn't say it's particularly gory, obviously there is a lot of violence in a prison drama but it's not exploited.
    Nice one Barney...it only took three months for a reply haha !

I think I'll give Hannibal a go this year. I'm going through The X-Files at the moment...I remember watching it in the 90s! It also is a little dated, but I like some of the older shows. I always thought Homicide was a brilliant show and it never gets a mention...you wouldn't have The Wire without it. I know Oz was a big show for HBO and it came out just before The Sopranos blew us away...maybe I will give it a go, but I heard it really is brutal to watch!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Tv shows you like and dislikes. I like game of thrones and outlander I do not get breaking bad.
    I dislike all if them. Nothing but pure shat. I watch decent movies. UK gold, discovery and the History Channel were pretty good but I don't have them cause I'm not paying for all that other shit and Netflix, give me a break. I actually dont have channels just a dvd player and a TV.

Westside

All time favourite Sopranos =) Second Band of Brothers. For a rainy Sunday Only Fools and Horses
    Last edited by JennyIrish; 10-04-22 at 18:46.
    Dublin 24 from 3rd May, Kilkenny from 6th, 7th,8th MY FIRST VISIT TO CAVAN TOWN 9th & 10th May!
    **SEE MY VIRTUAL AD, WHATSAPP ME FOR A CHAT ON CAM or for some of my XXX personal videos with lots of A play & all kinds of kink watch this Irish MILF make d wn the wildest p@rn star look like an amateur!!
    Check out my Stories here on EI, updated almost daily.
    !]

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JennyIrish For This Useful Post:

EdwardElizabethHitler (13-04-22), Rockerman (10-04-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JennyIrish View Post
    All time favourite Sopranos =) Second Band of Brothers. For a rainy Sunday Only Fools and Horses
    The Sopranos is the greatest...an incredible show. If you liked Band Of Brothers then I'd recommend The Pacific...it's the same creators as Band Of Brothers. Only Fools And Horses is my hangover show...I must of seen every episode about ten times!

Reviews

Have you seen the "Ukraine Invasion" boxset, available thru Sky News. Gripping stuff

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345