Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The No voters

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UB40 View Post
    40% voted no- who are they and why did they vote no?

I did not see much of the no campaign -so what reasons were out there-

I can only assume the following-

• traditionalists - family unit traditionally man woman & child
    • constitutionalists- don't mess with the definition of family - as this is to be input in section headed family
    •minority interests- every child should have both father & mother
    Y
    I voted no. I was 50 / 50 so I wasnt going to bother voting but the disrespect of certain members of the gay community trying to show it down my throat made me change my mind and go no.

Westside.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15), xagerate (25-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    You voted the right way but are you ashamed to tell your friends for fear they May judge you.
    I posted my vote on fb about 2 weeks ago.
    Family knew i voted no..thats it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meath chap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    I voted no, nothing again same sex marriages, wasn't about the adults, just done it really for the children that would be involved
    Same sex marriage wouldn't stop children having Lgbt parents - it's to do with legal rights such as access to welfare, inheritance etc. Also if you teach generations not to be homophobic then this shouldn't be a worry. My friend works as a primary school teacher and he thought it was amazing how bringing up the discussion in the classroom how none of the children thought it was okay to use homophobic slurs.

A friend of mine who canvassed an initial no person said a teenage behind them said "my parents were terrible parents and they were straight."
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (26-05-15), GOSHH (28-05-15), Naughtynatalie (25-05-15), pigsmickey (25-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    disgusted with every one of ye's that voted no

:
    WTF? For a start I can do whatever the fuck I want with my vote. I can wipe my hole with my vote. Wheres your excuse for me? Im not married so dont cheat and Ive never cheated on anyone anyway. By the way you called people judgemental and you judged them in the same sentence. Im can honestly say I couldnt give two fucks about gays getting married because Im not gay and it will never apply to me and yes I know gay people.

By the way are you Irish? If your not try minding your own business because it was and is an Irish issue.

Westside.

PS - Just checked your profile and your Irish so at least your not some brit or some other foreigner telling us what to do. Too much of that shit going on. FYI marraige is a joke nowadays anyway.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 25-05-15 at 09:26.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15)

There are kids in this country already being brought up by same sex couples

There are kids in this country already adopted by gay people

There are gay couples in this country that have already availed of surrogacy/sperm donation to have kids

This vote did not affect this at all

This "will someone please think of the children" malarky is bloody hilarious. Why the hell would the children's charities in this country have advocated a Yes vote if it was potentially negative toward those they seek to protect

Children need a loving environment. How that is created and by whom does not matter a fuck.

As a society the vote over the weekend goes a long long way to normalizing homosexuality more so than before, and as a result "gayness" becomes less and less of a issue/stigma and more accepted. Kids growing up in a society in which homosexuality is more accepted will naturally be less likely to be bullied by kids for having two Dads or two Mums and are less likely themselves to bully because of it.

BTW marriage being between a man and a woman is only traditional because it was illegal any other way before now. That is far too simple an approach to this. One should not look to the law for ultimate moral guidance. It was perfectly OK for a man to rape his wife up to the 90s in this country, as it was not seen in the eyes of the law as a criminal offence. Should we have done more to protect that tradition?? I dont think many on here would believe so

The fact that marriage in this country is a civil, legal institution means for me it should be available to one and all. If someone wants a traditional/religious marriage off ya go and do so, but dont deny others the same legal entitlements you have because of some narrow minded way of thinking

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (26-05-15), Catriona (25-05-15), Naughtynatalie (25-05-15)

Blog Entries

your all fucking hypocrites plenty off ye pay and oggle women who are just over the legal age!

think of children that referendum was a while ago
    this had nothing to do with kids

but hey now we know biggots cant read

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

joggon (25-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    your all fucking hypocrites plenty off ye pay and oggle women who are just over the legal age!

think of children that referendum was a while ago
    this had nothing to do with kids

but hey now we know biggots cant read
    It was a political exercise and nothing more. This could have being done years ago. Look at it. In the run up to the election the gov is pulling out all the stops. giving the go ahead to jobs that they held up until now, bringing in this yes vote, getting the unemployment rate back under 10% (with the help of slavery courses) and so on. Do you really think any straight politician gave a fuck about gay marriage? they gave a fuck about votes though, votes that they will be needing next year.

Westside.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15), xagerate (25-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    WTF? For a start I can do whatever the fuck I want with my vote. I can wipe my hole with my vote. Wheres your excuse for me? Im not married so dont cheat and Ive never cheated on anyone anyway. By the way you called people judgemental and you judged them in the same sentence. Im can honestly say I couldnt give two fucks about gays getting married because Im not gay and it will never apply to me and yes I know gay people.

By the way are you Irish? If your not try minding your own business because it was and is an Irish issue.

Westside.

PS - Just checked your profile and your Irish so at least your not some brit or some other foreigner telling us what to do. Too much of that shit going on. FYI marraige is a joke nowadays anyway.
    I didnt tell you WHAT to do you feckin arsehole. I stated honestly that I am disgusted with any member of society who thinks they have more rights than others.

I know marriage is a joke but that doesnt mean those who choose to get married shouldnt be allowed

Thankfully none of your votes mattered in the end because equality won out.

God bless you Ireland
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 25-05-15 at 09:41.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

babehunter (29-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    I didnt tell you WHAT to do you feckin arsehole. I stated honestly that I am disgusted with any member of society who thinks they have more rights than others.

I know marriage is a joke but that doesnt mean those who choose to get married shouldnt be allowed

Thankfully none of your votes mattered in the end because equality won out.

God bless you Ireland
    and gays dont think they have more rights than others? Some seem to think that they do. People like you. Where did any NO people come along and say they are disgusted with YES people? I dont see it. I do see Yes crowd getting pissed off even AFTER winning. I mean you have what you wanted. Whats the problem?

Westside.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (28-05-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    and gays dont think they have more rights than others? Some seem to think that they do..
    What rights now would "the gays" seem to think they have over the "non gays" of this country?
    Last edited by PaddyDaddy; 25-05-15 at 09:53.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (25-05-15)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast