Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of Support- Laura Lee

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Edgar View Post
    It shows there is not really much support for this at all but she deserves a lot of credit for giving it a go. She is some woman
    It shows that most people are too cynical or too stingy with their money is all.

Or indeed too cowardly to put their head above the parapet.

As indeed by a long shot , am I.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nonpareil For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I didnt even know she was looking for money, I don't have very much but willing to give a little

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Simpleton For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (04-05-15)

Reviews

I think that mentioning past debt from a case against the Bank and fund raising to challenge the proposed legislation, both on the same page, isn't necessarily a good idea. I'm not sure what her precise strategy is, the legal strength of the argument and the make-up of projected costs. You wouldn't want a challenge to fail on a technicality either. Are there human rights lawyers who want to take the case on ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootboy For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (03-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SecretaryLover View Post
    The mention of using raised funds to clear her debt from years back would stop many donating imo.
    Your spot on. I didnt know about Laura's fund page until this thread but when I read she would like to clear her debt & her debt was the same as the target figure it did put me off.

I admire what she is doing but I have enough debt & bills of my own.
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 03-05-15 at 22:24.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

SecretaryLover (05-05-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    It shows that most people are too cynical or too stingy with their money is all.

Or indeed too cowardly to put their head above the parapet.

As indeed by a long shot , am I.
    I'm neither stingy nor cowardly. We all do things in different ways.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

SecretaryLover (05-05-15)

Reviews

Laura's wants to clear her debt, Sheds a new light on things, Black holes comes to mind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    Laura's wants to clear her debt, Sheds a new light on things, Black holes comes to mind
    Dont get me wrong she does a lot in the fight against the oppressors & I wish her all the best. I'm sure she has costs but it is her personal choice. Those who can afford to donate should do as they wish. It just didnt read right to me.

I believe this law is abhorent & was shocked at how it was dealt with in the north. Academics done studies on the swedish model proving it didnt work & they werent even given a second glance. It will stretch an already stretched police force both here & in the north. They will fabric statistics to show it was worth it!
    For me, having worked in Sweden & Norway, I dont think it will have much of an effect in the long term.
    Its all about self serving politicians & so called do gooders pretending to show they care about trafficking .... when really they are doing anything but. The law is playing right into the criminals hands & will endanger already vulnerable victims.
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 03-05-15 at 23:17.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (03-05-15), JMastodon (06-05-15), nonpareil (04-05-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Dont get me wrong she does a lot in the fight against the oppressors & I wish her all the best. I'm sure she has costs but it is her personal choice. Those who can afford to donate should do as they wish. It just didnt read right to me.

I believe this law is abhorent & was shocked at how it was dealt with in the north. Academics done studies on the swedish model proving it didnt work & they werent even given a second glance. It will stretch an already stretched police force both here & in the north. They will fabric statistics to show it was worth it!
    For me, having worked in Sweden & Norway, I dont think it will have much of an effect in the long term.
    Its all about self serving politicians & so called do gooders pretending to show they care about trafficking .... when really they are doing anything but. The law is playing right into the criminals hands & will endanger already vulnerable victims.
    doesn't read right to me either and about this new Bill in the north, when did Stormont do anything right, they are farcical.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Edgar View Post
    It shows there is not really much support for this at all but she deserves a lot of credit for giving it a go. She is some woman
    Hello Lord Edgar,

I think you'll find that there is a hell of a lot of support out there. Most people and sex workers' rights organisations are holding back until I give the word and have lodged papers but have pledged their support. As have many clients I've met
    in Ireland.

My debt is my debt and is no-one else's problem but mine. The fund raising I'm doing now is not for that and I have
    amended the text accordingly. To the person who suggested that because I tried legal action against my former employers and
    failed means that a challenge on our basic human rights will fail too ? No words. I'm tired and cross.

I'm headed to Belfast to meet with my legal team and get started this week in terms of bringing HC proceedings. In fact, that means I will be in meetings all day Tuesday and unable to see clients when I'm supposed to be "on tour" and will still have to pay out for childcare, travel and hotel.

I trust that clears the matter up.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Laura Lee For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (04-05-15), Cassandra (10-05-15), Catriona (12-05-15), Curvaceous Kate (04-05-15), Davidontour (04-05-15), hornylimerick (04-05-15), JMastodon (06-05-15), KevinACE (05-05-15), liffey (04-05-15), Mr Cuddles (06-05-15), Naughtynatalie (05-05-15), nonpareil (04-05-15), The Libertarian (04-05-15), the traveller (06-05-15)

Blog Entries

Now we have that cleared up the link to donate again is here > Donation

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (10-05-15), Catriona (12-05-15), hornylimerick (04-05-15), Mr Cuddles (06-05-15), Naughtynatalie (05-05-15), The Libertarian (04-05-15)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast