Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBWs Are they by definition beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    What I don't get is the Perfect model's body,I mean they are really to thin and not as attractive as they could be,Then teens are trying to diet to look like them sometimes at the risk to their health,why ohh why is this?
    If you mean runway models I completely agree. Androgynous bordering on anorexic. But I think the VS models do have curves at least and are more athletic than anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Ah, but that's the thing you see. Women are conditioned almost from the moment they are born to be seen as 'pretty'. You only have to look at toys for children, even rhymes for children..it's all about how a girl looks. So then they grow up to become insecure and somewhat confused, competitive and small minded. It's a shame but you can't blame the women for it.
    So we blame the men ....again!
    I agree in part, but boys get conditioning too. 'Boys don't cry' 'suck it up'. Not every boy gets to be captain of the football team or even on the team. But there seems less resentment by boys/men of the ones who do. It's a man's world though by and large, so that might explain it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh ArYa For This Useful Post:

bettercallsaul (16-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh ArYa View Post
    If you mean runway models I completely agree. Androgynous bordering on anorexic. But I think the VS models do have curves at least and are more athletic than anorexic.

So we blame the men ....again!
    I agree in part, but boys get conditioning too. 'Boys don't cry' 'suck it up'. Not every boy gets to be captain of the football team or even on the team. But there seems less resentment by boys/men of the ones who do. It's a man's world though by and large, so that might explain it.

I don't blame men. I blame the media and parents in general I'm afraid
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    Why do we need the term bbw we are aware of our size, why make a label to make bigger women almost subhuman
    Plus one person version of bbw differs form anything size 12 up tall to anyone over size 18 etc
    When I was. Bigger and now when less bigger I detest the term along with the line big girl coz ur tall duck off like

I am a woman one whom U paid to fuck, ill smile but inside I'm calling U cunt

Why not call an attractive woman just that attractive woman,
    I completely agree.
    That's the same point I was making albeit in a slightly obnoxious manner

Blog Entries

I completely agree.
    That's the same point I was making albeit in a slightly obnoxious manner
    Anyway my extra weight is merely a sign I'm an excellent cook who good to herself
    As someone told me recently I dont make food, I create food orgasms,

I think I just hate been labelled put into some box.

If if I was skinny some will call me big coz I'm tall, not my fault midgets choose to look apon me like
    But then again I lost alot of weight on the basis I hated been called bbw

But I mostly enjoy now is my fitness level, I could out run most people half my size, while carrying a traffic cone jump walls and everything
    Last edited by annabel taylor; 16-04-15 at 18:16.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Hugh ArYa (16-04-15), JimmyB007 (17-04-15)

Ah leave em alone lads. I see nothing wrong with the fuller figured woman.. in fact they can be more fun than some of those hung up on barbie doll looks. Hats off to these ladies.. that's what I say
    Last edited by ALoverOfBoobs; 16-04-15 at 18:21.

Reviews

I knew a person a long time ago who always managed to turn every conversation around to her opinions relating to homophobia. She had some gay male friends, and possibly some deep seated issues. I remember one particular occasion when she sprung it on me that my sexuality was just a matter of the culture I was born into and that if I had been born in ancient Greece then I'd most likely be gay. When I pointed out how that statement made her sound like the average ill-educated right wing religious nut she took offence. Conversely, try telling a Christian that their faith is just a matter of where they were born.

That's a picture of the the Venus of Willendorf, a statue approximately 28,000 years old and believed, by those that get paid lots of money to speculate, to indicate that at one time larger women were held aloft by society as the most desirable members of the gender. Indeed there are many cultures about the gaff today where the larger female form is considered more desirable.

Here's a documentary on the subject of advertising and how it generally tends to treat women. It's well worth watching.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/killing-us-softly-3/
    Last edited by Jiberjabber; 16-04-15 at 19:10.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

Reviews

Or is it possible to be a big woman who isn't beautiful?

A lot of hate going around for the Victoria's Secret Angels lately

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10177835.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-campaign.html

I don't like to see it myself. I think they're grand.
    To give you short answers to your questions: no, and yes

"Woman" is a noun, a "thing", whereas "big" and "beautiful" are both adjectives, which describe the "thing".
    So a woman can be big (or small) or she can be beautiful (or ugly), or as in this case, both big and beautiful. However other women may be small and beautiful, or big and ugly, or even small and ugly.
    Now I assume that it is the woman in question herself who self identifies as being big and beautiful. Presumably she does so, because she considers it to be a reasonably noteworthy combination. Like being English and charming, for example or Irish and honest
    So by self identifying as a BBW, she is merely reinforcing the social stereotype that most big women are ugly, or most beautiful women are small.
    This is all based on the woman's own self image and others may agree or disagree. However to return to the OP, the only thing we can say "by definition" is that she is a woman.
    Last edited by EIFII; 16-04-15 at 19:25. Reason: Sit up straight at the back and pay attention

Reviews

Any man who comments on a ladies weight or age needs their head examined.
    25 years of marriage taught me that much.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post:

Hugh ArYa (16-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Bless you, all night online.

Night night XxX
    Ah Sophie.still trying the shaming tactics. You'd need a course in how to play me angel, save your time for the people who give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    Beauty sleep far more important than your online games.

Dentist tomorrow at 9a.m for a polish & scale.

Night darling

You always do that, it's kind of like your defence tactic, let me be rude and bitchy then drop in your plans for the evening like anyone cares, then say night night, only to spend the night replying. It's an odd one. If you would like advice on how to debate feel free, I'm on holiday so I've lots of spare time

Night night, I'm off to masturbate and read some shit online.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 16-04-15 at 20:32.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (16-04-15)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast