Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
I had been interested for a long time in meeting the famous Lesbian Duo. I had talked to Malena a number of times and she was very pleasant on the phone but they were never available when I was. Yesterday, however, I rang about 1pm and they were available so I made an appointment with Malena for 4pm in the Ellis Quay area. Although there was no mention of having to confirm, as a matter of courtesy I rang at 3.30pm to say that I was on my way but the phone rang out. I got to Ellis Quay at 3.50pm and rang to say that I was there but the phone rang out. I rang at 3.55, 4.00, 4.05, 4.10, 4.15, 4.20, 4.25, 4.30,........ After 3/4 of an hour I reckoned that it was not my day. I figured that Bruciebaby had turned up and needed to be taken care. I understand that these things happen but what really pisses me off is that I did not even have the courtesy of a text to cancel the appointment. It is not the first time that this has happened to me but, all in all, i have been very lucky. I would not have made any mention of this episode but reading the above got me angry. I mean, how much does a ******* text cost?
Hi, dreamon, we are very sorry for what happened yesterday. As we said in the post yesterday always the good clients pay for the bad ones. We mean, when unpunctual people come late or when they want to arrive, both us and the next client are bothered. This is why we said after a horrible day of show ups late or drunk people. We had several unpunctual people and had to cancel the appointments later. If 3 people comes 20 min later u can imagine, the last one has to be really delayed. We sent several texts making cancelations, sorry if u didnt have the text. Yesterday was a very crazy day to us, and after that hassle we decided to put our new rules. We hope that we can make this up sometime.
M and C