Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madness on the streets of Dublin

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KevinACE View Post
    I visited Dublin today, on luas, three guys stood in front of me. I overheard one of the group who were all off their faces on drugs, mumble that he had just come back from a bad holiday, ie just released from prison. Harmless maybe at this time of the morning. After I got off, and walked the streets, I was coming out of the apartment block when I spotted a woman approaching me on the path who was also on drugs, walking briskly after someone in the distance. She was gripping the bottom half of a smashed bottle of wine. She wizzed by me , with this weapon in her hand, shouting out after some guy 'there he is guard '. I was in no position to defend myself if she decided to attack me.
    These scenes stood out as very surreal. Whats going on with the junkies in Dublin. Maybe its time we seriously though about decriminalisation of drugs. It has worked in Portugal.
    Welcome to modern Ireland
    And to the Do-Gooders You,ve done a superb job keep up the great work
    Last edited by willie wacker; 26-03-15 at 22:22.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I'm sorry guys , but what moronic contributions !!! (and I apologize to Tom , and to Tom ...)

Prohibition ! What the heck good does it do !? What the heck good has it ever done !?

Taxation. Regulation. Providing safe and secure environment and product !

Alcos will be Alcos regardless if it's legal or not.

Addiction is an affliction , whatever guise it may come in : weed , cocaine , meth , heroin , alcohol , nicotine !!

Legalize , regulate !!

This'd be my very humble opinion x
    steph
    this Providing safe and secure environment and product !
    i agree with
    but in Ireland we are a few years off that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (26-03-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    like some sort of....pub?

also, there was a gangland killing in the city centre today, maybe related who knows
    I believe they are called shooting galleries. They keep clean needles and beds etc. keep them off the streets, and if decriminalised they would not need to be on streets selling!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (26-03-15)

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    steph
    this Providing safe and secure environment and product !
    i agree with
    but in Ireland we are a few years off that
    Yes I agree x

Ireland does seem very far off it yet alright !

But , first step would be legalizing possession of 'personal use' amounts of illicit substances (drugs) .

Next step would be setting up licensed and regulated dispensaries for those above mentioned illicit substances.

If govt. regulated it , could assure a reliable quality ==>> less overdose deaths.

If govt. taxed it , could have 'gazillions' of tax revenue that could be used for preventative education and for rehab.

If govt. was more open minded about at least the softer stuff (weed) , the tax income from that venue could be put forth

preventing hardcore stuff gaining ground.

Law enforcement salaries , rehab facilities , they all must be paid. With increased tax revenue , more of these support

personnel could be employed to the betterment of all society !

In US we're sort of catching on. About time x

And I don't even smoke lol xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

I believe they are called shooting galleries. They keep clean needles and beds etc. keep them off the streets, and if decriminalised they would not need to be on streets selling!
    My information is old ; I'm out of the loop ...but as far as I know , would have to register with govt. and with a pharmacy ,

and would be able to fill a 'prescription' for a daily 'dose' of whatever.

I think it was a docu on Amsterdam , govt. providing clean and sanitary and serene environment for those wishing/needing

to shoot up : clean needles and syringes , quiet clean 'corners' provided for the 'act' , and counseling , job placement ,

housing assistance offered.

Most hardcore addicts -- from what I've seen -- are not having fun anymore . They're just trying to survive and maintain w/o pain.

Now if only they didn't have to also knock down some ole ladies for the loose change in the bag so they could buy the next fix !!!

Comprehensive govt. support is the only way to go. Imo. X
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Tax revenue from weed would probably be eaten up n time by smokers diseases and the

minority of people that are believed to develop mental problems from chronic use.

Reviews

My information is old ; I'm out of the loop ...but as far as I know , would have to register with govt. and with a pharmacy ,

I think it was a docu on Amsterdam , govt. providing clean and sanitary and serene environment for those wishing/needing

to shoot up : clean needles and syringes , quiet clean 'corners' provided for the 'act' , and counseling , job placement ,

Most hardcore addicts -- from what I've seen -- are not having fun anymore . They're just trying to survive and maintain w/o pain.

Now if only they didn't have to also knock down some ole ladies for the loose change in the bag so they could buy the next fix !!!

It has got to be a better option that what's is happening these days

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinACE For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (26-03-15)

Reviews

But first of all, let's get our water fixed first..........

Reviews

Methadone free needles , treatment, decriminalisati on of addicts way to go.

Legalizing heroin would increase users and problems.
    Governments
    usually under fund treatment programmes though.

Blog Entries

I visited Dublin today, on luas, three guys stood in front of me. I overheard one of the group who were all off their faces on drugs, mumble that he had just come back from a bad holiday, ie just released from prison. Harmless maybe at this time of the morning. After I got off, and walked the streets, I was coming out of the apartment block when I spotted a woman approaching me on the path who was also on drugs, walking briskly after someone in the distance. She was gripping the bottom half of a smashed bottle of wine. She wizzed by me , with this weapon in her hand, shouting out after some guy 'there he is guard '. I was in no position to defend myself if she decided to attack me.
    These scenes stood out as very surreal. Whats going on with the junkies in Dublin. Maybe its time we seriously though about decriminalisation of drugs. It has worked in Portugal.
    Golly my years in Dublin I must learned to tune this all out

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    hi kevinACE
    i don't think the answer for us irish is decriminalisation for drugs
    look what we do with alcohol
    Yes our current system works fantastic

I'm sorry guys , but what moronic contributions !!! (and I apologize to Tom , and to Tom ...)

Prohibition ! What the heck good does it do !? What the heck good has it ever done !?

Taxation. Regulation. Providing safe and secure environment and product !

Alcos will be Alcos regardless if it's legal or not.

Addiction is an affliction , whatever guise it may come in : weed , cocaine , meth , heroin , alcohol , nicotine !!

Legalize , regulate !!

This'd be my very humble opinion x
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Tax revenue from weed would probably be eaten up n time by smokers diseases and the

minority of people that are believed to develop mental problems from chronic use.

Smokers pay for burden on the health system with plenty change, no smokers the HSE will suffer greatly
    Regarding mental problems, most who will suffer these form weed had these problems to begin with, well proven by evidence, the trigger happens to be weed, but trust me it could be alcohol it could be a death of a love one etc etc

We long since proven weed is not a gateway drug, however leaving it too dealers who offer U coke etc when U just want weed isn't too wise either,

Regulate prohibiting substances makes them dangerous. ESP when weed which is a plant that self protects till it is messed with

Moonshine made people blind died, guess why no regulation and prohibition certainly did not work

Making addicts light users etc criminals does nothing but burden our justice system,

Having worked form a barmaid to A&E I rather deal with a stoner than a drunk, and been honest someone on heroin easier dealt with than drunk who burden our healthcare system. With puke, burden ur socialcare system with abuse

If you want drugs banned. Ban alcohol and dont be hypocritical I rather see everything legalized and sold clean, have the issue is we no clue what you taken as we dont know what its been cut with, its strength etc,

Our current system does not work. and the time to play ostrich needs to end

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast