Thread: Apple location logging - something to watch out for

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Apple location logging - something to watch out for

Hi All,

I was gobsmacked to see what information my iPhone has been gathering about my movements. It seems to be logging any place I've stayed for more than 30 minutes. Mostly it has figured out where I live and where I work, as well as my legitimate haunts. But I noticed one or two entries that I'd struggle to justify if interrogated;-)

Not everyone here may feel the need to be discrete about their movements, but for those who would like to keep their hobbies private you might want to check this out, and make up your own mind.

Frequent Locations is buried in the settings options of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can find it by tapping Privacy, then Location Services, then scrolling all the way down past all the individual apps that have asked for access to your location to System Settings, then at the bottom of THAT menu is Frequent Locations. Below the toggle to turn the service on or off, tapping on one of the items in the location history will show a map of places you have visited and the exact times you were there.

Happy punting
    Mick

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MickHappy For This Useful Post:

Cosa Nostra (13-03-15), Irish Siobhan (13-03-15), joggon (13-03-15), mature abby (13-03-15), nibb (13-03-15), pigsmickey (13-03-15), Sexy Samantha British (13-03-15), Stephanie (13-03-15), zoozoozoo (13-03-15)