Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurling 2015

Reviews

Not much more to say

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Galway ran out of steam in the second half. Cody must have thrown the hairbrush at them at half time and they came out fighting in the second half. Well done Galway on reaching the final but it was not your day. There's always next year.
    "Tease me with stockings, suspenders and high heels!"

galway full forward line went to sleep in the second half. kilkenny upped their work rate. galway nearly had this won. same as 2012, the pressure got to the forwards and they stopped working
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

I think it was rabbits in head lights !!!!
    Cannot understand it

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peregine View Post
    Galway ran out of steam in the second half. Cody must have thrown the hairbrush at them at half time and they came out fighting in the second half. Well done Galway on reaching the final but it was not your day. There's always next year.
    The real question is where did he get the hairbrush?

If it was his own. What the hell does he use it for?

The mystery grows

did kilkenny win or did galway beat themselves like 2012 (first match). again i think the pressure got to the galway forwards and they threw it away.

what galway need is a sports psychologist. when the havent-won-it-in-thirty-years pressure gets put on them, they fail. the galway backs were very good both first half and second half. its the forwards who caved in. donellan had one touch of the ball in the second half. canning didnt touch the ball till the end. flynn didnt touch the ball at all in the second half.

vince lombardi once said that head is not enough. you have to have heart. you have to want to win. "the will to win is everything." and if the team wants it more than their opponent, they have a chance of winning.

it was a big chance today for galway. big big chance. i doubt they will be back in an all ireland for a while.

i dont know what psychologists call it. when an individual or team comes so close to winning that they begin to doubt themselves. i see it in galway a lot. they come 35 mins of winning an all ireland and the self-doubt kicks in. they lose their confidence and lose.

i think anthony cunningham has to take some flak. the exact same thing happened in 2012. i was saying today, kilkenny will come out in the first 15 mins and try to blitz galway and galway have to be ready. the backs were, the forwards werent

one has to put this in perspective. galway were playing with only a defense in the second half and still only got beat by three points. if the galway forwards had just turned up in the second half, they would be singing all the way home tonight.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i dont know what psychologists call it. when an individual or team comes so close to winning that they begin to doubt themselves. i see it in galway a lot. they come 35 mins of winning an all ireland and the self-doubt kicks in. they lose their confidence and lose.

i think anthony cunningham has to take some flak. the exact same thing happened in 2012. i was saying today, kilkenny will come out in the first 15 mins and try to blitz galway and galway have to be ready. the backs were, the forwards werent
    Just read your last 3 post and you like to analyse Galway alot, Why ?
    Do you not think maybe you should look at Limerick and they,re failings

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast