Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurling 2015

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    Big weekend ahead in the hurling championship

Laois V Galway in the Leinster Hurling Championship

Galway had a huge win over Dublin in last round. Capable of beating any team when on form. However the old story is that nobody knows which Galway turns up until the sliothar is thrown in. Need to put 2 performances back to back to convince alot of people. Yes they are capable of doing so. Laois have come a long way since that hammering against Cork a couple of years ago conceeding 10 goals. Slowly but surely building back up and are no pushovers any more. Have hurlers in Willie Hyland and Zane keenan that would make any other county team. Had a fanastic win over Offaly last time and were getting stronger and stronger as the match went on.
    Galway to win but Laois to really push them all the way. Less than 5 point victory

Wexford V Kilkenny in the Leinster Championship

Wexford need to push on from last year and this is their chance. Hype and over excitement eventually caught them last year. A massive performance is needed and they can produce it. Kilkenny missing all the retirements could be vulnerable but you would expect them not to be caught with a flat performance. Cody has been secretly working away 1 would assume. Wexford need to stay with them all through but especially the first 10 mins after half time.
    Kilkenny to shade it

Limerick V Tipperary in the Munster Championship

Limerick going for a third win over Tipperary in the Championship. Tipperary under pressure to deliver silverware. Limerick at home with a vocal crowd urging them on. Over 30,000 tickets sold already. Could make arguements why both sides should win.
    Tipperary need good start to quieten home crowd and drive on from there. If Limerick still in the match in the last 10 minutes they could be winners.
    You were right about Galway win but by 5 points
    Kinda got that wrong

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (23-06-15)

Reviews

Hey willie Galway had a great win today
    I just home from it
    let's hope we can keep it going

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (20-06-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    Hey willie Galway had a great win today
    I just home from it
    let's hope we can keep it going
    Good man long way to travel. Just wondering if you would travel that far for a punt
    They played well, maybe we will start seeing the real Galway I hope

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

I would travel half way round world for a punt
    us men are horn dogs lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

SmallHorn (21-06-15), willie wacker (20-06-15)

Great win by Tipp today

Reviews

There will be handy wins for
    Galway
    Kilkenny
    tipp

Galway will be dark horses this year they have a strong panel compared to other years
    Wexford always falter to the black and amber
    and tipp will be gunning for a victory and will be too strong for limerick
    You right about the handy win. but did you expect them to be that handy?

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    You right about the handy win. but did you expect them to be that handy?
    How ya willie
    I knew Galway would hammer laois and the cats would hammer the yellow bellies bit I have to admit I thought limerick
    would put up a better show
    not good for hurling to have so many one sided games
    there is a huge difference in class showing now the strong counties getting stronger and the weak getting weaker

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (21-06-15)

i think with hurling a lot depends on how the team turns up on a given day. hurling unlike football or gaelic is intense and teams cant sit back with numbers behind the ball and try and hit on the counter like soccer or gaelic.

like vince lombardi said one has to have heart as much as head and that is the case for hurling. you have to go for the full 70. if this were soccer lets say, a team may get a two goal cushion and just sit back. this is generally what chelsea would do against a good team.

id be tipping kilkenny and tipp based on what i have seen and last year. but you never know, davy could psyche clare up again to huge levels and deliver. i think galway when they meet kilkenny will lose. if not they will win and then lose the semi final. the problem i see with galway is that they can never maintain their levels. cunningham to be a success will have to get inside the minds of the players and motivate them.

having said that it is very hard for teams to consistently motivate themselves for games.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

How ya willie
    I knew Galway would hammer laois and the cats would hammer the yellow bellies bit I have to admit I thought limerick
    would put up a better show
    not good for hurling to have so many one sided games
    there is a huge difference in class showing now the strong counties getting stronger and the weak getting weaker
    Ya expected more from Limerick esp at home of all the game you would expected this to be closer, I,m glad everybody still critical of Galway and don,t give them much hope because I think they will do well this year and suits us

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

14. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Irish Leigha (22-06-15)

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Ya expected more from Limerick esp at home of all the game you would expected this to be closer, I,m glad everybody still critical of Galway and don,t give them much hope because I think they will do well this year and suits us
    thats exactly what galway have to do. try and come in under the radar. when expectations are too much for galway they tend not to deliver.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast