Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disrespecting our President

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Disrespecting our President

I watched on the news this evening footage of President Michael D Higgins's running the gauntlet of personal abuse from a group of Anti Water Charges Protesters as he arrived and left a function in Finglas last week and an interview with one of the protesters who tried to justify their actions.
    This is no way for citizens to behave, they vented their anger because he signed the Water bill into law and but there was no legal reason for him to refuse to do so.
    These protesters do nothing more that hurt their own cause with their outright ignorant actions.
    I had sympathy with many of the points they proposed but this action coupled with the confining Joan Burton in her car for almost two hours causes me to rethink that sections of the Anti Water Lobby are now employing bully boy tactics, and logic and reason no longer apply to their thought processes.

What are your thoughts ?
    Last edited by Floki; 29-01-15 at 17:56.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nitram For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (29-01-15)

Reviews

Michael D is a figurehead with figurehead powers.
    If it isn't breaking any constitutional issues his hands are tied and he did his job.

Joan Burton is an annoying muppet with actual power yet heads the most spineless political party in the country.
    They should have left her rot in the car as far as im concerned.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

joggon (29-01-15), TonyB (29-01-15)

I was disgusted, that people felt the need to behave like this in a democratic country.

Thes people dont want a democracy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gobshite For This Useful Post:

joggon (29-01-15), nitram (02-02-15), xcitedcork (29-01-15)

Reviews

These ruffians should have their dole taken off them for offending our chief leprechaun

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Banger (29-01-15), greenie (01-02-15), nitram (02-02-15), SmallHorn (29-01-15)

A fool and his temper are never far apart.
    Westie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    A fool and his temper are never far apart.
    Westie
    Only fool (s) I see are people coming up with an escuse to allow a wealthy man piss on the people he says he represents. No wonder the country is the way it is.

havnt you an application form to send to someone?
    Westside.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

redone7010 (01-02-15)

Practically all the Local Proprty Tax is now going to Irish Water, plus the portion of my income tax, road tax etc. that have always paid for water, so I`ve made my contribution already
    I`m not handing over any more for Denis O Briens meters that most likely will never be used at a cost of 580 million, 50 million and rising for consultants, extra staff to finance Irish Water 100 Euro bribe, or to pay the wages of Tierney (a disaster in any post he`s held) and his well connected cohorts, or financing a company that the ESRI have identified as having 2,000 more staff than is neeeded. plus financing Fine Gael attemps to buy the next general election by using State funds that should be used for the provision of water.
    Last edited by redone7010; 29-01-15 at 21:39.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redone7010 View Post
    Practically all the Local Proprty Tax is now going to Irish Water, plus the portion of my income tax, road tax etc. that have always paid for water, so I`ve made my contribution already
    I`m not handing over any more for Denis O Briens meters that most likely will never be used at a cost of 580 million, 50 million and rising for consultants, extra staff to finance Irish Water 100 Euro bribe, or to pay the wages of Tierney (a disaster in any post he`s held) and his well connected cohorts, or financing a company that the ESRI have identified as having 2,000 more staff than is neeeded. plus financing Fine Gael attemps to buy the next general election by using State funds that should be used for the provision of water.

Water never should have been free (Unless you drill/pump/purify it yourself)
    Your income tax/road tax etc should always have been directed to Health,education,road building etc....never free water.
    That's why the health service (for one) is a disgrace yet the water supply system is equally as bad.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Quote Originally Posted by Genie in a Bottle View Post
    We are in the same boat as our well is 130ft deep, our water at home is very hard and have to buy salt, a water softener every 2 weeks at nearly €8a bag,
    when you add it up at end of the year its expensive too, to connect to the road water about 30 metres away was going to cost us €2900, and you can't even drink it, ridiculous
    Then make sure to send in your form to Irish Water. They will give you 100 Euro annually even though you are not a customer.
    That`s really going to help improve the water system. Crazy!!
    BTW, Irish Water have now raised the connection charge to 3,700 for all connections.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redone7010 View Post
    Then make sure to send in your form to Irish Water. They will give you 100 Euro annually even though you are not a customer.
    That`s really going to help improve the water system. Crazy!!
    BTW, Irish Water have now raised the connection charge to 3,700 for all connections.
    its madness that as very little involved in connecting someone up being only some metres away but not bothered as that water is not good anyway

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast