Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Madness in France.

In my eyes, people need to remember that the past was the past, but we shouldn't ever forget about it, but learn from them.
    Many of us do need to realise what happened in past doesn't still continue to this day.

I do notice that many of you still hold a grudge about the past, a past when most of us weren't even alive and it shouldn't really affect you in anyway, but for some reason it does.

Get over it!

What we really need to concentrate on is what is happening now.

Here is an old saying.

If you look to the future and keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye.
    If you keep both eyes on the future and no eyes on the past, you are blind in both eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    The nazis didnt come here but Irish (well some) did go out to fight against them and the French ran and gave their country to the nazis.

Westside.
    I do recall the Irish giving up their country to the English without much of a fight either and living under their rules for centuries.
    How ballsy was that ?

Anyway, he who fights and run away lives to fight another day.
    Also keep in mind that at the time not a single country was strong enough to beat Nazi Germany on its own, and it was the isolationism of the United States and the refusal of the UK to honor its commitment to the treaty of Versailles that really gave Hitler the means to his ambitions.

I agree with you that it wasn't France's greatest hour, but in my views, Ireland's position during the war is far more shameful than France's military defeat at the hand of a stronger opponent.

Reviews

We need more of these people in the world

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

I came close to vomiting watching our beloved Minister for 'Justice' and Joan Burton holding up the 'Je Suis Charlie' posters with the French Ambassador in Dublin yesterday! Pourquoi - because of the hypocrisy of it, they're are supposedly doing this to support hard won freedoms such as the freedom of speech while at the same time pushing through legislation to ruin sex workers' lives and interfere to the point of criminalisation in consenting adults having sex in private! It's a very good possibilty that a sex worker could be killed because of this madness! We have some extraordinary thick redneck filth governing or more correctly misgoverning this country!
    Ride them on the beaches!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (11-01-15)

Cop

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    I came close to vomiting watching our beloved Minister for 'Justice' and Joan Burton holding up the 'Je Suis Charlie' posters with the French Ambassador in Dublin yesterday! Pourquoi - because of the hypocrisy of it, they're are supposedly doing this to support hard won freedoms such as the freedom of speech while at the same time pushing through legislation to ruin sex workers' lives and interfere to the point of criminalisation in consenting adults having sex in private! It's a very good possibilty that a sex worker could be killed because of this madness! We have some extraordinary thick redneck filth governing or more correctly misgoverning this country!
    Remember it is important to be politically correct!
    The next election are not too far off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    In my eyes, people need to remember that the past was the past, but we shouldn't ever forget about it, but learn from them.
    Many of us do need to realise what happened in past doesn't still continue to this day.

I do notice that many of you still hold a grudge about the past, a past when most of us weren't even alive and it shouldn't really affect you in anyway, but for some reason it does.

Get over it!

What we really need to concentrate on is what is happening now.

Here is an old saying.

If you look to the future and keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye.
    If you keep both eyes on the future and no eyes on the past, you are blind in both eyes.
    If your talking about me nope I dont hold any grudge against the French. I just learned from the past as you say that they just sit back and let people walk over them. People just cant seem to call a spade a spade these days. Its like the Us holding a summit to eliminate these same people that they invented by sticking their noses into other countries business.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10inchesandcounting View Post
    I do recall the Irish giving up their country to the English without much of a fight either and living under their rules for centuries.
    and where did I say the Irish werent sheep? All you need do to see this is look at the cowards paying water charges and property tax and then crying after paying them.

Westside.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast