Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Net

Reviews

warmcome
    i hope your not still after the smileys
    are you ?

Reviews

Cop

we are working with our communities and we have decriminalized smiley's because we could not stop smiley's.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

tom sand (09-10-14)

Reviews

you can be sure that once something goes mainstream then they are onto the next generation of whatever it is they are avoiding
    sorta like spring sales, or buying the iphone 6, iphone 8 is already done , theyre just waiting for as many suckers as possible to buy into the latest 'must have' release
    Last edited by funlover12; 09-10-14 at 22:38.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i would advise anyone not to download that.......ignorance is bliss....dont open pandoras box

Agreed, it's disturbing what turns up on some onion sites. However tor is the easiest option for getting around ISP censorship, I don't trust those torrent proxy sites one bit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (10-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    if they want to find you, they will.

it is hard to find you, but if you become a big enough threat, they will track you.

i suspect that the NSA or someone has a software to track people, but that they are reticent about disclosing it because they will lose its power if people realize there is a vunerability. i.e. the coders will produce counter code etc
    only if you using the same location for a longer time; I was always wondering if changing the network card (MAC address) would solve problem, but would have to start selling guns or something to find out LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex.xx For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (10-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    Agreed, it's disturbing what turns up on some onion sites. However tor is the easiest option for getting around ISP censorship, I don't trust those torrent proxy sites one bit.
    is changing DHCP not better option? TOR servers are pinned down by big players and blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.xx View Post
    only if you using the same location for a longer time; I was always wondering if changing the network card (MAC address) would solve problem, but would have to start selling guns or something to find out LOL
    if you join ISIS i can guarantee they will break down your door some day.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

MAC spoofing is common practise nowadays. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_spoofing
    Four years ago a Computer Science lecturer told me it was impossible.

is changing DHCP not better option? TOR servers are pinned down by big players and blocked
    Not sure how changing DHCP would be of use in this instance, the ISP would still see everything you search for. That's another reason to choose tor over torrent proxy sites, the ISP records all those proxy site visits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    MAC spoofing is common practise nowadays. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_spoofing
    Four years ago a Computer Science lecturer told me it was impossible.

2 years ago the same LOL
    I have heard of MAC spoofing, however I am afraid it could be detectable by NSA resources, as is IP faking. I mean not the actual MAC, but the fact it has been produced for the occassion. Never tried MAC spoofing myself either.
    Still believe HW change is better. There is RasberryPie, welcomed solution for that

Not sure how changing DHCP would be of use in this instance, the ISP would still see everything you search for. That's another reason to choose tor over torrent proxy sites, the ISP records all those proxy site visits.
    Agreed. They would SEE but couldn't control it. Cannot see how.
    Nevertheless if prefer also use the TOR, just less hassle.
    Last edited by Alex.xx; 10-10-14 at 15:19.

Agreed. They would SEE but couldn't control it. Cannot see how.
    Nevertheless if prefer also use the TOR, just less hassle.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (10-10-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast