Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Movie Quotes x

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    just for you:

"The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Stella (16-10-14)

From Full Metal jacket
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xman69 View Post
    From Full Metal jacket
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard, but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9Kk3ATyuM

Reviews

'I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amo2014 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-10-14)

Reviews

not quite a movie quote but a great movie scene
    Last edited by tom sand; 23-10-14 at 20:33.

Two of my favourite quotes in one of my all time favourite movies: The Shawshank Redemption

1; "Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

2; "Get busy living or get busy dying"
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irish Leigha For This Useful Post:

Meursault (23-10-14), Stephanie (17-11-14), tom sand (23-10-14), willie wacker (23-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Leigha View Post
    Two of my favourite quotes in one of my all time favourite movies: The Shawshank Redemption

1; "Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

"The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

EIFII (23-10-14), Irish Leigha (23-10-14), Stephanie (17-11-14), tom sand (23-10-14), willie wacker (23-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Leigha View Post

One of the greatest films of all time

I live by that quote now I was busy dying once , not any more I live life to the full
    An other classic quote;
    Red: [narrating] I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Andy Dufresne ever got the best of him.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Irish Leigha (23-10-14), tom sand (23-10-14)

I love your positive attitude Mr WW, a Lil quote that springs to mind when I think of you

"Live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.”

But definitely one of the greatest movies ever made
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Leigha For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (23-10-14)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast