Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peaceful Epileptic Protester Has Head Dragged Along Ground By 'Guards'!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Peaceful Epileptic Protester Has Head Dragged Along Ground By 'Guards'!

I just came across this and am literally disgusted to the core of my being!
    A peaceful protester who happens to suffer from epilepsy dragged by his head along the road by so called police officers!
    These are readily identifiable and hopefully will face criminal charges!

Last edited by The Libertarian; 21-07-14 at 03:51.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Indeed if the man did not suffer from epilepsy such a psychotic assault would have induced it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

dob (21-07-14)

Reviews

I know I will be a lone voice here , but this appeared on my Facebook yesterday and I was shocked by the total onesided barrage of negative hateful comments against the Guards. Listen to the background conversations people.
    I appears to me that the guards were very polite and restrained , how do they keep their patients when confronted by total fucking idiots . They requested the public road be cleared, what's wrong with that ?. They have a duty of care to all , not just the Luny left.

Listen to the abusive foreign voice in the background , look at the old boy in the cream leftie linen jacket , he is totally arrogant in his disregard of the guards requests . I'm sure if any of these protesters had their 60 inch tv or laptop stolen they would be on to Joe Duffy if the guards didn't arrive in 5 minutes.

I'm not a guard or a Zionist , but do any of these protestors have any sympathy for the families of the 3 Israeli teens kidnapped and murdered and dumped in the desert that was the spark for this current situation ?.

I'm also fascinated by the speed at which we here in the west are prepared to defend the Arab / Muslim .
    Does anyone truly believe that they would do likewise ?

Anyway that's my rant over for the day

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Playitsam For This Useful Post:

Me4711 (21-07-14), TonyB (21-07-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Playitsam View Post
    I know I will be a lone voice here , but this appeared on my Facebook yesterday and I was shocked by the total onesided barrage of negative hateful comments against the Guards. Listen to the background conversations people.
    I appears to me that the guards were very polite and restrained , how do they keep their patients when confronted by total fucking idiots . They requested the public road be cleared, what's wrong with that ?. They have a duty of care to all , not just the Luny left.

Listen to the abusive foreign voice in the background , look at the old boy in the cream leftie linen jacket , he is totally arrogant in his disregard of the guards requests . I'm sure if any of these protesters had their 60 inch tv or laptop stolen they would be on to Joe Duffy if the guards didn't arrive in 5 minutes.

I'm not a guard or a Zionist , but do any of these protestors have any sympathy for the families of the 3 Israeli teens kidnapped and murdered and dumped in the desert that was the spark for this current situation ?.

I'm also fascinated by the speed at which we here in the west are prepared to defend the Arab / Muslim .
    Does anyone truly believe that they would do likewise ?

Anyway that's my rant over for the day
    Agree with U "Playitsam" the Guards/Police have to deal with every situation AS IT PRESENTS ITSELF at that minuet, & tell me anyone how do U recgonise a person with a medical condition (Thats not physicaly obvious) in fairness the Garda's helped & called an ambulance whilst trying to deal with OPERTUNISTIC abuse from side line people whom MOST dident know his condition either & I might add been told REPEATLY to stand back/move off,.....I think fair play "Overall" to the Gardai trying to do their best amist the situation been agravated by the crowd etc.

Reviews

I see no brutality... I think the Gardaí acted effectively and fairly. We don't see what actually caused them to forcefully remove this man in the first place. I see no injury to the mans face.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (21-07-14), Me4711 (21-07-14)

From watching the video, it's clear that the police wanted to clear the road. The man having the seizure was in the road, and so needed to be moved because it really wasn't the best place for him to be.

It may come across as a bit heavy-handed and rough, but has anyone here tried to move someone who is having a seizure? I have, so I know how difficult it is to ensure you don't cause any further harm to them. You can't predict how they will move, and while it may have been best to leave him, letting him stay in the middle of the road clearly wasn't an option.

What were the other options?

I think what would have helped better would be more helping to carry him out of the way, both police and protestors. Two police officers trying to carry a person is fine if they are aware and willing, but if you're having a fit it's all chaotic. From watching the video, I think they did the best they could.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (21-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I see no brutality... I think the Gardaí acted effectively and fairly. We don't see what actually caused them to forcefully remove this man in the first place. I see no injury to the mans face.
    are you for real???? thats the way you would apprehend someone even if they are having a fit

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Me4711 View Post
    Agree with U "Playitsam" the Guards/Police have to deal with every situation AS IT PRESENTS ITSELF at that minuet, & tell me anyone how do U recgonise a person with a medical condition (Thats not physicaly obvious) in fairness the Garda's helped & called an ambulance whilst trying to deal with OPERTUNISTIC abuse from side line people whom MOST dident know his condition either & I might add been told REPEATLY to stand back/move off,.....I think fair play "Overall" to the Gardai trying to do their best amist the situation been agravated by the crowd etc.
    In fairness, with this post you have set a new high-point for absolute b0ll0x.

When restraining or forcibily moving a NON-VIOLENT protestor, the act of dragging them away with their head scraping the ground is extremely unprofessional and completely unnecessary.

Staff in every mental hospital and prison are trained to move people who become violent safely, and do so on a daily basis. It requires a properly delivered training, a safety mind-set and team work. In other words it is easy to get right if you want to.

I love the way you characterise the comments of the other protestors as "self-serving" but do not comment on actions of gardai, once the guy begins to have a seizure and they realise that they are on camera. The tender and quite beautiful moment when a gard lovingly places a hand on the man's torso in a gesture of tenderness nearly brought a tear to the eye. But then I recalled the image of the self-same gards dragging the man across the ground with his head bouncing on the concrete a few moments later.

You also make reference to "the crowd". Perhaps I am missing something but the number of people I saw on the clip would hardly constitute a crowd. I've had more people in my house for dinner.

I wondered for a while how a person could view that clip and then write a post supporting the gardai.

Then I noticed your spelling, punctuation and sentence-structure. Are you a gard yourself?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by piggi View Post

When restraining or forcibily moving a NON-VIOLENT protestor, the act of dragging them away with their head scraping the ground is extremely unprofessional and completely unnecessary.

Staff in every mental hospital and prison are trained to move people who become violent safely, and do so on a daily basis. It requires a properly delivered training, a safety mind-set and team work. In other words it is easy to get right if you want to.

I love the way you characterise the comments of the other protestors as "self-serving" but do not comment on actions of gardai, once the guy begins to have a seizure and they realise that they are on camera. The tender and quite beautiful moment when a gard lovingly places a hand on the man's torso in a gesture of tenderness nearly brought a tear to the eye. But then I recalled the image of the self-same gards dragging the man across the ground with his head bouncing on the concrete a few moments later.

You also make reference to "the crowd". Perhaps I am missing something but the number of people I saw on the clip would hardly constitute a crowd. I've had more people in my house for dinner.

I wondered for a while how a person could view that clip and then write a post supporting the gardai.

Then I noticed your spelling, punctuation and sentence-structure. Are you a gard yourself?
    I didn't see any head bounce off concrete. I see not even a reddening of the face not alone a scratch. Do we know for certain the Gardaí knew he was having an epileptic fit or did they think they were removing a violently resisting protestor. Once they did realize I thought they acted correctly. They were polite to anyone who was making a bollix of himself and just getting in the way.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (21-07-14), Me4711 (21-07-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by piggi View Post

Hi "Piggi" no Im not a Garda but I see from Ur post that I would be wasting my time trying to "Argue the Toss" with you U like the Crowd (ie more than one person been a group etc) U seem to Selectively see what suits U rather than the abstract & YES staff in hospitals etc are trained to deal effectively as they are trained SPECIFICALY to this area & Gardai/Police are traineed to deal with security situations especially when people refuse to OBAY DIRECTIONS from the Gardai (Law) .... Anyway I could go on & onn but I will leave there any more would be lost on you on Ur NARROW VIEW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast