Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World's gone Mad ... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i understand you points. but there are men women and children dying everyday. today is no different. The syrian civil war has been going on for three years now
    Fair point. But when the lessons learned there and all the bullshit that was talked about by the Countries that condemned it and placed sanctions and had emergency summits to discuss retribution. These same countries are allowing what is happening tonight to happen. They are allies of Israel so they are as much responsible for the suffering of these poor people in Gaza. They have nothing , they have no F16 fighters , no fancy missile defence system , they are alone tonight and my heart and prayers are with them.
    " Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theomegaman For This Useful Post:

Meursault (17-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    And remember here in our own small 'Green' community, there are horrors too! We daily shirk our responsibilities to the greater world but I guess it's what keeps us sane. Better to query the wisdom of the Express Checkout than dwell on the darker side of humanity.

It's what you do in your own life to make a difference is I guess the only thing that's ultimately important.
    well said. The only thing you can change in this cruel world is yourself
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Rocker123 (18-07-14)

Reviews

Sorry to be cynical, but horrific and inexcuseable as the events mentioned are, I feel like we've seen it all before a thousand times.

37 million deaths in World War One, another 60 million in World War Two.

By contrast, although there are some disgusting things happening today, we are still living through one of the most relatively peaceful eras of world history. To a certain extent the nuclear deterrent has prevented any large scale wars since WW2.

Whether this situation can last in the long term is highly debateable, particularly given the burgeoning global population and the depressing cycles of religious and ethnic conflict.

But choose any period or indeed year in history and you'll still find people slaughtering each other over bits of land and who has the best imaginary friend. It's human nature and the situation today could be as good as it gets.
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (17-07-14), Cornelia (19-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (18-07-14), Meursault (17-07-14), ocred (17-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidontour View Post
    Sorry to be cynical, but horrific and inexcuseable as the events mentioned are, I feel like we've seen it all before a thousand times.

By contrast, although there are some disgusting things happening today, we are still living through one of the most relatively peaceful eras of world history. To a certain extent the nuclear deterrent has prevented any large scale wars since WW2.

Whether this situation can last in the long term is highly debateable, particularly given the burgeoning global population and the depressing cycles of religious and ethnic conflict.

But choose any period or indeed year in history and you'll still find people slaughtering each other over bits of land and who has the best imaginary friend. It's human nature and the situation today could be as good as it gets.
    you nailed that one. And guaranteed in a 100 years time it will be the same

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Davidontour (17-07-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Theomegaman View Post
    Fair point. But when the lessons learned there and all the bullshit that was talked about by the Countries that condemned it and placed sanctions and had emergency summits to discuss retribution. These same countries are allowing what is happening tonight to happen. They are allies of Israel so they are as much responsible for the suffering of these poor people in Gaza. They have nothing , they have no F16 fighters , no fancy missile defence system , they are alone tonight and my heart and prayers are with them.
    I think the Irish probably have a natural affinity with the Palestinians. There are 2 sides to the story here but ultimately the Israelies will have to make some very substantial compromises.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Baxter For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (17-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I think the Irish probably have a natural affinity with the Palestinians. There are 2 sides to the story here but ultimately the Israelies will have to make some very substantial compromises.
    do you remember when vincent browne was discussing israel and mary lou was there. She was defending the Palestinians like anything.

It the whole british/ united ireland thing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Davidontour (17-07-14)

Reviews

do you remember when vincent browne was discussing israel and mary lou was there. She was defending the Palestinians like anything.

It's bizarre to drive through Belfast and see Israeli flags in Protestant areas and Palestinian ones in Catholic areas. It's as if the Irish are fighting the Middle East war by proxy.
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (17-07-14), ocred (17-07-14)

Reviews

The Palestinians are the under-dogs. I tend to look lightly on the under-dogs.

Reviews

It's bizarre to drive through Belfast and see Israeli flags in Protestant areas and Palestinian ones in Catholic areas. It's as if the Irish are fighting the Middle East war by proxy.
    Really ? Interesting.

Very easy to think this way when it's not directly on your doorstep , and I include myself as being in that bracket. But when you see up close these 2 countries and see the people as I have and the differences in the most simplest of ways between them , your perspective is different. Some of the places I see being bombed on the television tonight I have been to. Imagine not knowing as most of the children in Gaza think if they will be killed as they sleep every single night because that's the fear they have from an early age , that the bombs may fall.
    Most of them fear the night and the sun going down.
    Last edited by Theomegaman; 17-07-14 at 22:09.
    " Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Theomegaman For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (17-07-14)

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast