Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: World's gone Mad ... :(

Nope. You would do well to credit someone who seeks to engage with your opinions with a bit more than merely puerile point scoring.
    Sir if you want that rude, good luck to you.

You appear to blame the lack of response to the ebola virus by the pharma companies on the lack of profit available to them to earn from that line of r&d. I was suggesting that we all, myself included, can do something about that, if we care enough, rather than simply looking to blame a nebulous "other".
    I am not appearing to blame it. I am blaming it on the pharma companies because there is no money to be earned.

Ebola=1976
    HIV=1980s

They roughly came out the same time and yet numerous drugs were produced for HIV, so many in fact that some strains of HIV are now drug resistant. West Nile Syndrome was first observed in 1937 and yet no vaccine or means of control on par with HIV has been produced. Now why? Because those diseases occur in small packets, wherein only a few select people contract the virus. Not enough to warrant a ten year R&D project to find a cure. Now what has happened given this outbreak is that because there is a danger of it becoming world wide, the government will now forward the research in an attempt to halt the disease. Now, why couldnt they do that twenty years ago. Nearly every 5 years you have an outbreak in west africa and yet now they only up the ante. Because of money.

I thought I had made plain in my "edit" that I was not meaning a personal "you" but a general "you" - a limitation of the English language especially when written. Seems you may have missed that?
    Well why didnt you use "we" then?
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

For all those who told me i didnt have it in me to become a great cynic, read this:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/dr-john-ash...accine-1459534

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...k-9644671.html

Next we move on to sarcastic liars.......(joking)
    Last edited by Meursault; 03-08-14 at 18:17.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Is that because it has US backing ?

'What if' : US withdrew its support of Israel ?

How long do you think they might continue to enjoy that 'very little risk from adjoining Arab states' ?

Some very good points in your post. xx
    Israel is like Afghanistan and Iraq. The US, having 'gone in' now simply cannot just pull out when it feels like it. That is what Obama discovered when he was elected. He could not just pull the troops out and neither could he simply close Guantanamo Bay.

Political life, no more than personal life, is complicated!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to willieh For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (06-08-14)

Blog Entries

Dearest Stephanie,
    while I completely agree with you as to the tragedy taking place in much of the world,and the apathy for others to do much about it, actually if you were to look at the many places where conflict is currently taking place, it is about 1/4 of the world's population/geography, ..peace is a 20th century concept, conflict has , most unfortunately been the common state of affairs for centuries, if not millenniums. Europe today has experienced the longest period of 'peace', (at least 'western Europe) since WW2. While it would behoove us all to be more pro-active in our governments decision making by voting our conscious , it is big business/corporations and historic hatred's which dictate the actions we see in the papers each morning. Keep hope alive, but it is important to know that there are animosities globally of which we have no concept.., Lauren
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    How can ye all be so philosophical ??

I am aghast !!

Two sides fighting each other : awful.

An airliner of no involvement in those two sides' dispute to be blown out of the sky , with unsuspecting innocent people

onboard , not associated to the conflict by birth or by allegiance .... tis too much for me .

Gaza. Where do I even start ? If you stop long enough to think , to really think about all those children killed. For what ???

And more

How can ye all be just so laid back and nonchalant ?

Maybe I'm soft. Too sensitive.
    I am a mature (62) and elegant woman whose smile and sexy demeanor will captivate you the moment we meet. One with whom to experience things for the first time or to repeat those of which you never get enough! My unique insight into your very secret desires and fantasies will leave you wondering "how did she know". Come to me and feel the comfort, warmth and acceptance of a woman with whom you can share the most special, unique and unusual of erotic experiences. Warm hugs and sexy moist lips await! Sensual Lauren

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast