Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World's gone Mad ... :(

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    --Malaysian airline shot down over Ukraine , killing all on board , 295 persons.

Likely British nationals onboard. Also Dutch 150 , 27 Australian , 4 German , Malaysian , Indonesian .

--Israel launched ground attack in Gaza , against 'terrorist elements and terrorist tunnels' . Four young Palestinian children

killed on a beach -- as collateral damage. Israel voices their regret at such a tragic loss , yet lays blame at Palestinians' feet.

Hamas states : tragic mistake from Israel , will have dire consequences.

--Ebola unchecked in West Africa . Largest outbreak ever documented , taking hundreds of lives by now , threatening

the world .

-- In India yet again a young girl is raped , on orders of the village elder , as retaliation for a male relative's alleged misbehaviour.
    The world hasn't gone mad...it always has been

That India story is is so fucked up I have no words though

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (17-07-14), Meursault (17-07-14)

people as well become so conditioned to news stories that the stories themselves lose their power. Hence why today everyone is up in arms. This is only the tip of the ice berg with regards the horrors of the world. I can guarantee as we write, there are such horrible things being done by man.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain2 View Post
    Innocent children killed by Israel yet in Ireland we're protesting about Garth Brooks, world gone mad alright
    money takes precedent over everything else

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

NoBrain2 (17-07-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain2 View Post
    Innocent children killed by Israel yet in Ireland we're protesting about Garth Brooks, world gone mad alright
    Yep...it took Garth fuckin Brooks to get middle Ireland to take to the streets

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (17-07-14), johnb59 (18-07-14), Meursault (17-07-14), NoBrain2 (17-07-14)

Reviews

I think we seriously need to look at our priorities especially in this country with all the atrocities happening in the world like what's happening in Gaza and the Ukraine at the moment for the last few weeks and i apologize in advance for bringing this up again the main news story here has been the over the top fuss about those fucking garth brooks concerts. Like come on now people are dying around the world and wars breaking out and our media and government seemed more interested in bloody Garth brooks. Pretty fucking sad!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to circumcised guy For This Useful Post:

Meursault (17-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Theomegaman View Post
    It is for me personally unexplainable what is going on in the world today.
    To look at the events today , in Gaza and in Ukraine and not be shocked and just speechless. I was somewhere today when the report came on television news about the airliner , was in a meeting when someone came into room to say that a plane had gone down , there was complete silence and we moved outside to listen on TV. Then the attack on Gaza ????? How a country can bomb a beach and kill 4 children and continue its bombardment tonight. If you look at some of the images from Gaza , look at the people and parents that have lost children , Babies , and they continue to kill and murder these people. Israel deserves no sympathy they are terrorists.
    And the plane ??? How can someone get that wrong ?

Attachment 99893
    Attachment 99894
    I feel the same way , had the very same reaction.

I am besides myself.

Not so calloused yet , to skim over it with a 'well , it's always been like that'.

It's unacceptable.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Theomegaman (17-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    what about the bankers. Nothing was done about them

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I feel the same way , had the very same reaction.

I am besides myself.

Not so calloused yet , to skim over it with a 'well , it's always been like that'.

It's unacceptable.
    well i think you should join hamas and try and make a difference. maybe you can distract the israelis.

"You must be the change you want in the world," gandi

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    i understand you points. but there are men women and children dying everyday. today is no different. The syrian civil war has been going on for three years now
    And remember here in our own small 'Green' community, there are horrors too! We daily shirk our responsibilities to the greater world but I guess it's what keeps us sane. Better to query the wisdom of the Express Checkout than dwell on the darker side of humanity.

It's what you do in your own life to make a difference is I guess the only thing that's ultimately important.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluefan1 For This Useful Post:

Meursault (17-07-14), ocred (17-07-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    To be fair,even the German's got pissed off !

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baxter For This Useful Post:

Meursault (17-07-14), ocred (17-07-14)

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast