Thread: Isle of Man TT 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Isle of Man TT 2014

You all knew this was coming

The TT races kicked off yesterday with the Superbike TT (6 laps). Michael Dunlop came first just over 20 seconds ahead of Guy Martin in 2nd place, and the Manxman Conor Cummins a few seconds after him. It was a phenomenal start to the races, and the outright lap record was broken three times during the race, twice by Dunlop and then finally by Bruce Anstey (fourth place) with a magnificent 132.298mph final lap.

The Sidecar TT Race 1 (3 laps) was won by Conrad Harrison and Mike Aylott, beating John Holden and Andrew Winkle by 17 seconds and leaving Tim Reeves and Gregory Cluze in third place.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds, though I hope it is a bit less eventful than the practices were last week! Here's the race schedule for the rest of the week:

Saturday 31st May (races complete)
    11:00 Superbike TT Race (6 laps)
    14:00 Sidercar TT Race 1 (3 laps)

Monday 2nd June (racing delayed by weather - see new schedule underneath next one)
    10:45 Supersport TT Race 1 (4 laps)
    14:00 Superstock TT Race (4 laps)

New schedule for Monday 2nd June (race complete)
    14:00 Supersport TT Race 1 (4 laps)

18:15 Superstock TT Race (4 laps) (rescheduled for the next day)

Tuesday 3rd June (race complete)
    12:15 Superstock TT Race (4 laps)

Wednesday 4th June (races complete)
    10:45 TT Zero Challenge (1 lap)
    12:00 TT Supersport Race 2 (4 laps)

14:30 Sidecar TT Race 2 (3 laps) (rescheduled for next day, time to be announced)

Thursday 5th June (race completed)
    12:15 Sidecar TT Race 2 (3 laps)

Friday 6th June (races completed)
    10:15 Lightweight TT Race (3 laps)
    13:00 Senior TT Race (6 laps)

I'm hoping we can hear some more from John McGuinness, considering how well he is doing after his injury, but only time will tell. Looks like it's going to be Dunlop's year again!
    Last edited by lara; 06-06-14 at 13:51.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Clyde (01-06-14), dr love (04-06-14), meatloaf (02-06-14), SteveB (01-06-14), Wicklow Biker Boy (01-06-14)

Reviews

Lara
    Marry me?
    We can talk about the fucking /leaving the toilet seat up / dirty laundry etc after June 6th.............
    .............If it doesn't work out at least we will have had 5 days of TT watching to look back fondly on
    Last edited by xagerate; 01-06-14 at 23:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (02-06-14)

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Lara
    Marry me?
    We can talk about the fucking /leaving the toilet seat up / dirty laundry etc after June 6th.............
    .............If it doesn't work out at least we will have had 5 days of TT watching to look back fondly on
    Well when you put it like that, how can a girl refuse?

Back on topic... I did read somewhere this morning that the weather on the Isle of Man means roads won't close or the racing won't start until 12 but I'll need to check that out later to find out when the racing kicks off.

Supersport TT Race 1 (4 laps) has finished now! What a race... very tight throughout.

Gary Johnson won it... he and Bruce Anstey were fighting it out for most of the race and the gap between them came down to 0.11 of a second at one point! Wow! Michael Dunlop has secured third place. The rain did cause some issues on the mountain course and that seems to be what has decided it, but let's hope that the rain clears for the Superstock at 18:15 tonight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

meatloaf (02-06-14)

8. Default

Review ITV4 Every Night at 9pm ..Mind Blowing." When its in your blood you cant get it out"...
    "One's real life is often the life that one does not lead." Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    Review ITV4 Every Night at 9pm ..Mind Blowing." When its in your blood you cant get it out"...
    I've always been disappointed with the ITV coverage - it felt it was lacking when covering anyone other than the favourites and definitely lacking when covering the sidecars. I know that motorbikes are a bit part of the TT, but the sidecars are also a part of it and the drivers and passengers deserve recognition for it... I certainly wouldn't ride in one!

I'd love to hear more about the lesser-known riders. We always hear about the Dunlop boys, Guy Martin, John McGuinness, Ian Hutchinson, Conor Cummins, Bruce Anstey, Gary Johnson, etc. What about the other riders who have made fantastic progress in recent years?