Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian politician makes sickening rape comments

Blog Entries

I wonder if he would say the same thing if it happened to his Daughter or Wife?

I hate public transport and you will rarely see me walking alone out at night. It's hard to believe I used to do it when I was young and never felt vulnerable, but I guess I know more about the world and the people in it now. I can feel my heart racing when I'm out at night alone. I will avoid this situation if possible.

I don't agree with the death penalty. But boys make mistakes? Fuck that and fuck him.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I wonder if he would say the same thing if it happened to his Daughter or Wife?

I hate public transport and you will rarely see me walking alone out at night. It's hard to believe I used to do it when I was young and never felt vulnerable, but I guess I know more about the world and the people in it now. I can feel my heart racing when I'm out at night alone. I will avoid this situation if possible.
    Kate it says alot about society in general when a woman does not feel safe out walking at night or even during the day.
    Last edited by rob_tig; 17-04-14 at 21:17.
    Love slowly unwraping a sexily dressed lady.

The problem is rarely strangers though. Most is done by someone the victim knows.

The other problem is that rapists mostly get away with it too. 7% of reported rapes result in conviction, and 80% of rapes are not even reported.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    The problem is rarely strangers though. Most is done by someone the victim knows.

The other problem is that rapists mostly get away with it too. 7% of reported rapes result in conviction, and 80% of rapes are not even reported.
    The thing is, there is also so many different types of rape. Rape is sex without consent, but this can be achieved in so many ways. For instance, having sex with someone while they are asleep or semi conscious is rape, but unless the lady ended up with an STI or pregnant, you may not think it as bad, as someone who was date raped or forced.

When I was 19/20 a situation happened to me that could be classed as rape, but I was so shocked the following day, when the guy was in my bed next to me and acted like it was all normal and above board. I didn't know how to react or what to do and I ended up getting a lift into work with him.

The fact that it happened in shared accommodation and everyone there heard us (me in particular), everyone else assumed it was with my consent as well, so when I tried to explain that I went to bed on my own and didn't let him in or invite him in, they would not believe me. It didn't help that he was the local sweet heart, that all the girls fancied. I was made to feel like I had done something bad and was given a warning.

I didn't report it, because the whole thing was like a weird dream for me and I was made to feel bad. I also didn't suffer and I had fancied him.

Come to think about it, I never asked him if he used a condom. It didn't enter my head, so I could have ended up pregnant and I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 17-04-14 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Let's come home here and suppose a guy is accused of raping a girl here in Ireland. Are you saying that the death sentence should be available to a court of justice?
    If a group of men got together and kidnapped and repeatedly raped a person (man / woman / child) ; taking turns on the victim ,

and shoved a steel rod inside her so violently as to rupture and destroy internal organs ...... ? And murder her by their brutality?

Yes. Hang them.

In india , in Ireland , or anywhere else .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (18-04-14), Hagane00 (17-04-14), Harry123 (18-04-14), Jiberjabber (18-04-14), rob_tig (17-04-14)

Quote Originally Posted by circumcised guy View Post
    With a stupid comment like that it's easy to know what low opinion of women that idiot has.
    I think that castration would be appropriate punishment for a guy who is found guilty of rape. A rapist should have to live with the consequences of their brutal crime and be scared for the rest of their life like a rape victim has to live with the memory of been raped for the rest of their lives! A death sentence is just to quick a rapist should be made suffer!!
    What of false accusations ? xx

**just being Devil's Advocate xx

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    The thing is, there is also so many different types of rape. Rape is sex without consent, but this can be achieved in so many ways. For instance, having sex with someone while they are asleep or semi conscious is rape, but unless the lady ended up with an STI or pregnant, you may not think it as bad, as someone who was date raped or forced.

When I was 19/20 a situation happened to me that could be classed as rape, but I was so shocked the following day, when the guy was in my bed next to me and acted like it was all normal and above board. I didn't know how to react or what to do and I ended up getting a lift into work with him.

The fact that it happened in shared accommodation and everyone there heard us (me in particular), everyone else assumed it was with my consent as well, so when I tried to explain that I went to bed on my own and didn't let him in or invite him in, they would not believe me. It didn't help that he was the local sweet heart, that all the girls fancied. I was made to feel like I had done something bad and was given a warning.

I didn't report it, because the whole thing was like a weird dream for me and I was made to feel bad. I also didn't suffer and I had fancied him.

Come to think about it, I never asked him if he used a condom. It didn't enter my head, so I could have ended up pregnant and I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't.
    You told me this story quite differently.

I know it was embarrassing for you , but you are misrepresenting here , what happened .

Or else you lied to me.

: I think you told me the truth.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Let's come home here and suppose a guy is accused of raping a girl here in Ireland. Are you saying that the death sentence should be available to a court of justice?
    They dont deserve death beacause of the rape alone, they deserve death because they abused/raped her so violently that her internal injuries killed her.

If she was still alive, then death would be too severe, but they should have gotten severe punishment = years in prison.
    That is my opinion anyway.
    You wont know, until you try!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hagane00 For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (17-04-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    If a group of men got together and kidnapped and repeatedly raped a person (man / woman / child) ; taking turns on the victim ,

and shoved a steel rod inside her so violently as to rupture and destroy internal organs ...... ? And murder her by their brutality?

Yes. Hang them.

In india , in Ireland , or anywhere else .
    It was a brutal and violent case... It doesn't have to be my sister or daughter or wife or whatever for me to feel such anger and disgust and to want justice. But to hang a man you would have to be fully sure the case deserves it. I do not know the full facts of this particular case but do feel the ferocity of the attack needed to be taken into account.

What Mulayam Singh Yadav stated was that he feels a blanket sentencing of hanging for rape is wrong, his choice of phrase "boys make mistakes" was unfortunate and irresponsible. But in essence what he was saying rings true. The death penalty should be handed out in the rarest of cases.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast