Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Heineken

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    'As the seven qualifiers from the Pro12 will include at least one team from each of the four participating countries in the Pro12, on current standings that would mean Leinster, Munster, Ulster, Glasgow, the Ospreys, and the sixth-placed Scarlets will be joined by Treviso, with Edinburgh, Connacht, the Dragons, Cardiff and Zebre consigned to the secondary equivalent of the Challenge Cup, the European Rugby Challenge Cup, which will also feature the remaining 13 clubs from the Top 14 and English Premiership'

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...rmed-1.1757875
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    sorry stella, i still dont understand. At the moment treviso are 2nd from bottom n the pro12, if only the top 7 qualify , then how will treviso be included.
    I think Stella has described it perfectly, the first 6 will qualify from Pro 12 with Treviso qualify ahead of Edinburgh on the one team from each country rule.

I think the Pro12 has done alright out of this with getting 7 qualifiers out of a possible 12. England haveing 6 out of 12 and France coming out the worst with only 6 of of 14 teams going through.
    I'm not sure how what the play off for the 20th spot is. It may be between the 7th placed teams in each of the english and french leagues.

Fingers crossed it will have the excitment as the heineken cup. I can see why not its still going to be more or less all the same teams.

Question what happens if the defending champions don't qualify automatically?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    I think Stella has described it perfectly, the first 6 will qualify from Pro 12 with Treviso qualify ahead of Edinburgh on the one team from each country rule.

I think the Pro12 has done alright out of this with getting 7 qualifiers out of a possible 12. England haveing 6 out of 12 and France coming out the worst with only 6 of of 14 teams going through.
    I'm not sure how what the play off for the 20th spot is. It may be between the 7th placed teams in each of the english and french leagues.

Fingers crossed it will have the excitment as the heineken cup. I can see why not its still going to be more or less all the same teams.

Question what happens if the defending champions don't qualify automatically?
    Interesting question, but can you see any chance for this, top European team won't qualify?
    Good bye Ireland!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Best Before (12-04-14)

Reviews

For what it's worth, I always preferred Stella to Heiniken

Reviews

[QUOTE=Stella;1335608]Thats what i can't understand either, never mind how bad Italy do in Pro12 they'll be included, as rules says every participating countries, makes no sense, unless if its something to do with Sky,BT rights!!![/QUOTE]

now that's the other interesting bit-seemingly screening rights are more or less shared between these 2; so for the avid fan....
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. ~Søren Kierkegaard

[QUOTE=pleasurekerry;1336015]
    Thats what i can't understand either, never mind how bad Italy do in Pro12 they'll be included, as rules says every participating countries, makes no sense, unless if its something to do with Sky,BT rights!!![/QUOTE]

now that's the other interesting bit-seemingly screening rights are more or less shared between these 2; so for the avid fan....
    Im with upc, add sky sports is about 35eur, only half of the games will be broadcasted by sky, rest with BT, which is about 16eur, now i can survive without watching all games, but feel sorry for some hardcore fans
    Good bye Ireland!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

pleasurekerry (11-04-14)

Interesting question, but can you see any chance for this, top European team won't qualify?
    Stranger things have happened
    Take for instance the year Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005. They qualified 5th behind Mersey side rivals Everton. Liverpool were allowed enter the competition as a special treat for winning the Champions League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpo..._qualification

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

Stella (12-04-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Well best before im stil confused, lol. What if this scenario happens, the four irish provinces and scarlets, ospreys and cardiff finish as the top 7 in pro12. What happens to the scottish and italian teams then?
    The last 2 team qualified would have to make way for a scotish team and a Italian team, would be my read on this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Munster were terrible against Ulster on Saturday evening in Thomond and have to play Glasgow away in the semi final next weekend. On the evidence of that performance I could see them getting a hiding but they are at their best when their backs are to the wall so we will have to wait and see. In the other semi final Leinster should beat Ulster at the RDS by at least 7 points.
    The Truth is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Munster were terrible against Ulster on Saturday evening in Thomond and have to play Glasgow away in the semi final next weekend. On the evidence of that performance I could see them getting a hiding but they are at their best when their backs are to the wall so we will have to wait and see. In the other semi final Leinster should beat Ulster at the RDS by at least 7 points.
    Leinster performance was awful as well, didn't even watch the second half, however Ulster did a pretty decent job lately, so I'm not sure if it'll be an easy win for Dubs!
    Least TullowTank is back which is a good news
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Leinster performance was awful as well, didn't even watch the second half, however Ulster did a pretty decent job lately, so I'm not sure if it'll be an easy win for Dubs!
    Least TullowTank is back which is a good news
    They did just enough to win the match and were saving themselves for the semi final IMO.I think there will be a huge improvement next weekend. Ulster are missing a lot of first choice players through injury and the replacements are good, but I think Leinster will have too much firepower for them on Saturday.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 12-05-14 at 13:45.
    The Truth is out there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Stella (12-05-14)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast