Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best value PS3 package

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default best value PS3 package

hi lads I was thinking of getting a PS3 as its pretty cheap now with some games ,what is the best value package and the best games to get or where ,i'm not really a gamer but the blue ray and and the internet would be cool also would you really need the 500gb would 12gb do ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

blueberry (15-02-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celticden View Post
    hi lads I was thinking of getting a PS3 as its pretty cheap now with some games ,what is the best value package and the best games to get or where ,i'm not really a gamer but the blue ray and and the internet would be cool also would you really need the 500gb would 12gb do ?
    I got my in Harvey Norman last year for around 300 but if you might have to get a another controller might be extra Argos is sometimes doing sales you cant go do wrong with call duty games your gta5 I am currently playing FIFA addicted to it i love watching films on ps3 very good picture
    Life is like a wheelbarrow it's all in front of you

Reviews

I'd Recommend that you get the 12gb and just buy those hard drive expansion pack from argos (usually around 100eu)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    I got my in Harvey Norman last year for around 300 but if you might have to get a another controller might be extra Argos is sometimes doing sales you cant go do wrong with call duty games your gta5 I am currently playing FIFA addicted to it i love watching films on ps3 very good picture
    is their any other hidden costs with the PS3 like subscriptions or anything I have enough bills coming in , ye everybody seems to rave about call of duty and they have been out awhile so they should be cheaper is it a 12gb or 500gb console you got ? would you really need a 500gb console? the 12gb are a good bit cheaper
    Last edited by celticden; 15-02-14 at 13:45.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    I'd Recommend that you get the 12gb and just buy those hard drive expansion pack from argos (usually around 100eu)
    how many games,films etc could you save with 12gb?

Reviews

is their any other hidden costs with the PS3 like subscriptions or anything I have enough bills coming in , ye everybody seems to rave about call of duty and they have been out awhile so they should be cheaper is it a 12gb or 500gb console you got ? would really need a 500gb console the 12gb are a good bit cheaper
    I got the 12gb console then later upgraded the disk, if you're not a serious gamer then I'd recommend the 12gb as you don't need the 500gb disk space - in argos they sell em 250gb plug in yer ps3 mate

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...text%3EPS3.htm

Reviews

how many games,films etc could you save with 12gb?
    an average game would normally consume ~8GIG of disk space

On films, I usually go with netflix on the ps3, but right now I'm thinking of getting the ps4
    Last edited by lurker; 15-02-14 at 13:52.

I just put a 320 gb hard drive into my old 30gb ps3, it is incredibly easy to fit a new hard drive, believe me I'm no techie. You can pick up a used ps3 for next to nothing.

A subscription to playstation plus is a must, costs you £40 a year and you can download a few new top priced games a month, it's been excellent value for me.

Don't buy a package with any games, your best bet is ebay for the games you want, far cheaper and its a buyers market now with the next generation of consoles out on release.

A 320 gb hard drive cost me £27.99 on ebay and took less than 5 minutes to fit, all you need is a basic screwdriver.

Reviews

is their any other hidden costs with the PS3 like subscriptions or anything I have enough bills coming in , ye everybody seems to rave about call of duty and they have been out awhile so they should be cheaper is it a 12gb or 500gb console you got ? would you really need a 500gb console? the 12gb are a good bit cheaper
    I have a 500 one as you said it's more expensive but call duty game should be cheaper
    Life is like a wheelbarrow it's all in front of you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast