Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Airliner

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Things are going to get worse, before they get better
    The cause of the loss of Egypt Air Flight 990 and Silk Air Flight 185 were suspected crew suicides. The loss of life was 217 and 104 respectively. Scary.

Even more scary………
    During the height of the Cold War, countries with atomic weapons had elaborate protocols regarding their use.
    But the US military did not trust their politicians(who does) and anyway were concerned that if a rival nuclear power launched a pre-emptive strike they would need the ability to retaliate immediately.

For a considerable time anyone in charge of a nuclear bomb silo in the USA could launch its missiles simply on receipt of a phone call or radio message. To do this he needed a code but the code was well known and the same for all the bases. [It was "00000000"]
    On the night shift the commander was often a junior officer.

That meant that a pissed off Second Lieutenant barely out of his teens who was unhappy with his lot and had just had a row with his girlfriend could have sent us all to nuclear oblivion………….
    Last edited by SteveB; 15-03-14 at 08:56.

Who loves ya baby......!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (15-03-14), Nikkita (01-04-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Is it correct , that they had two passengers onboard with stolen passports ? Xx
    I think the opinion from the news is that the two passengers onboard with stolen passports is just a coincidence. Happens all the time.

The Boeing 777 is the world's largest twinjet passenger aircraft, but the area it is possible for it to be is huge. The original search area was larger than Hungary and it is now much larger because of the range of the aircraft and the evidence it was flying for about five hours after contact was lost.

There has never been a case were a large passenger aircraft has been lost and never found. But it will be difficult to find this one especially if it has changed course several times and has gone done in the sea.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (15-03-14), Stephanie (15-03-14)

Reviews

According to CNN , the authorities are refocusing their investigation on crew and passengers , as current evidence suggests

that it was an 'inside job'.

How sad , how tragic for the innocents and their families !

And I'm in total agreement with you : it'd be nigh impossible for such an aircraft to have 'disappeared and landed elsewhere' .

But , I found it curious that the large oil slick that was presumed to be evidence of the crash , turned out to be inconsistent

with aviation material. So , so far there's still no evidence of a crash ? To me it seems incomprehensible how a large

aircraft could crash / disappear without a trace.

UFOs snatched it !! Bermuda Triangle in the China Sea !

Wonder what other theories will float.

(My news coverage is spotty here , I may not be aware of all new developments)

I've been wondering that too Stephanie. How on earth could a plane carrying 227 pasenger and 12 crew go missing???

However, from watching the search missions on the news, it has struck me how vast the ocean is and how difficult it is to scour every square mile especially when they don't know where to look!

Very tough on families of the missing people. I'm sure it will turn up, but it could be awhile.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

nautural bbw (17-03-14), Stephanie (15-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I've been wondering that too Stephanie. How on earth could a plane carrying 227 pasenger and 12 crew go missing???

However, from watching the search missions on the news, it has struck me how vast the ocean is and how difficult it is to scour every square mile especially when they don't know where to look!

Very tough on families of the missing people. I'm sure it will turn up, but it could be awhile.
    Good to see you , Morph ,

Been missing you xx

Thanks for the reply ; I am SO not up to date on this incident , my news coverage v spotty. Xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (15-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    The cause of the loss of Egypt Air Flight 990 and Silk Air Flight 185 were suspected crew suicides. The loss of life was 217 and 104 respectively. Scary.

Even more scary………
    During the height of the Cold War, countries with atomic weapons had elaborate protocols regarding their use.
    But the US military did not trust their politicians(who does) and anyway were concerned that if a rival nuclear power launched a pre-emptive strike they would need the ability to retaliate immediately.

For a considerable time anyone in charge of a nuclear bomb silo in the USA could launch its missiles simply on receipt of a phone call or radio message. To do this he needed a code but the code was well known and the same for all the bases. [It was "00000000"]
    On the night shift the commander was often a junior officer.

That meant that a pissed off Second Lieutenant barely out of his teens who was unhappy with his lot and had just had a row with his girlfriend could have sent us all to nuclear oblivion………
    ….
    Could have , but didn't. Clearly some strict protocol or screening of personnel must've been in place .

Mind ya , I am not familiar with what you speak of , but to me it does have a bit of a smell of fabrication -- not on your part !

I was out for dinner on Wednesday night with an airline pilot she's been flying for 29 years and reckons the plane is stolen, weird ehh
    Who loves ya baby......!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (15-03-14)

Good to see you , Morph ,

Been missing you xx

Thanks for the reply ; I am SO not up to date on this incident , my news coverage v spotty. Xx
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...n-indian-ocean

Everyone loves conspiracy theories, but if it's 'only' a crash i believe rescue forces would be able to find any signs after nearly a week!

Black box sending signs for 30 days after an accident so still about three weeks to go.
    Good bye Ireland!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (15-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I was out for dinner on Wednesday night with an airline pilot she's been flying for 29 years and reckons the plane is stolen, weird ehh
    Ha. How on earth ?

What of the people on board ?

Seems far fetched , no ?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Clyde (15-03-14), nautural bbw (17-03-14)

Reviews

Just watched the Malaysian's Prime Minister's statement on BBC.

They've concluded that the flight communications were swtiched off deliberately but are not speculating about why this might have happened.

They also changed their area of search completely, based on satellite communications with the plane. From what I've seen - one of the areas that will now be searched appears to be in Northern Asia over land!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Clyde (15-03-14), Stephanie (15-03-14)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast