Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Liverpool really win the league?

Default Can Liverpool really win the league?

As a lifelong Red who was 16 the last time we won the league I am so excited that we may actually have a chance of winning this. This is the first time I have actually said or typed these words as up until recently I was still sceptical about actually going all the way. But now...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to corm For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (04-03-14)

We can definitely win the league, no team will look forward to playing us. That win against Southampton was huge and made a real statement.

My worry is that we need to rely on two teams to come back four points to us and I expect at least one of them to go on a winning run. That will mean we need to be perfect.

To completely paraphrase Jon Voight in Heat, 'they can afford to shoot and miss, we can only miss once'

Whatever happens, it's wonderful to be able to dream again. thanks Brendan!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

gisele (27-03-14), redforever (04-03-14)

Reviews

But I've said Chelsea from the start though, and nothing has made me change my mind yet
    Last edited by reflex; 04-03-14 at 16:38.

It's a distinct possibility , they are there at this stage of the season with the points on the board..
    just hope Suarez keeps his calm and manages to finish the season out without any bans , he hasn't bit anyone in a while so he might be a bit peckish!!
    as long as anyone but united wins it I'll be happy and that is odds on this season.

Here is a fascinating interview with BR from November of 2012 about how a team qualifies for the CL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW0I6GhjKXw

Here we are 15 months later at 73 league goals with 10 games remaining and two of the best strikers in the league.

If I was given the chance of 4th at the start of the season I would have taken your hand off. Now I am dreaming of a title. Not only that I am really enjoying watching my team...

Also ManYoo in 7th helps my mood A LOT!!

Reviews

I really think we have a great chance but Chelsea & man city are going to make it tough but a couple of slipup's by them and any thing is possible. I think arsenal are going to fade out of it. But the big thing for us is to keep both suarez & sturridge fit for the remaining games. It would be brilliant if we can do it a good excuse to get legless celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by circumcised guy View Post
    I really think we have a great chance but Chelsea & man city are going to make it tough but a couple of slipup's by them and any thing is possible. I think arsenal are going to fade out of it. But the big thing for us is to keep both suarez & sturridge fit for the remaining games. It would be brilliant if we can do it a good excuse to get legless celebrating.
    We have both Man City and Chelsea at Anfield, I believe we can get two results there. It will be interesting to see how we do in OT on the 16th.

Reviews

This year the league is all over the place they have a chance with a strike force like that but I think there defence is a bit weak needs one your two better defenders I think next year is going to be a good year for them bredan rogers top mananger a lot of clubs could learn from Liverpool giving him time to bring his way of thinking and I man u fan but also sports fan that likes to see hard work pay off
    Life is like a wheelbarrow it's all in front of you

I actually think this is our best shot. Next year all the players will be tired after the world cup and other squads are much larger so can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by corm View Post
    I actually think this is our best shot. Next year all the players will be tired after the world cup and other squads are much larger so can handle it.
    Interesting point, but I think we will improve the squad in the Summer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast