Thread: Exaggerated Compliments or Borderline Rudeness

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Some really interesting answers thanks. I think I was prompted by someone who is calling me quite a bit recently and they are making lots of compliments with regards to my looks etc. I keep reminding them they have never seen me, but they think they have seen enough with the blurred or slightly hidden pictures they have seen. It worries me a tad, because I think he must be confusing me with someone else or he will be sorely disappointed when and if we do meet.

I really appreciate compliments when I think they are real and meant, but the superfluous ones? I suppose they lose impact and meaning, as they are hard to judge. Can someone really think that much of you?

The kind of rudeness that I am referring to is subtle. It's not always obvious at first that there is a little sting to it or it is said in a way that you feel like you shouldn't react to it. My Mum is great at this and gets away with murder with some of the things she says. This is not to be confused with sarcasm though and Clyde did a great example of that with his reply to my thread on here.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Deven (06-02-14), jacklad3 (07-02-14), Prickly (07-02-14)