Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nigella Lawson

Default Nigella Lawson

Is it just me or do you find it cringe worthy to see someone's family problems highlighted every day who gives a fuck? It must be so hard on the family.
    Look man, I do what I can do to help y'all. But the game is out there, and it's either play or get played.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Bunk For This Useful Post:

Best Before (15-12-13), Deven (15-12-13), dr love (15-12-13), Nikkita (20-12-13), out4laugh (15-12-13), thewren (15-12-13), thumbles (20-12-13), warmcome (15-12-13)

Reviews

The way the system works. The way the media works. And the way the law works.

The accused has some protection and legal representation.
    Lately, the injured party also has been given some protection.
    Witnesses have little protection beyond that they are not required to say anything that may incriminate themselves.
    Nigella Lawson is a witness, she is not on trial.
    Whose fault?
    Partly ours. If this stuff did not sell newspapers then it would not be reported in this fashion and they would concentrate on the facts of the case and not the stupid gossip.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

paddymearse (15-12-13), The Bunk (15-12-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
    Is it just me or do you find it cringe worthy to see someone's family problems highlighted every day who gives a fuck? It must be so hard on the family.
    Agreed bunk .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

The Bunk (15-12-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

No Nigella Lawson is not on trial, but the trial us all about Nigella Lawson.
    This is all a result of Satchi grabbing Nigella by the throat and the media frenzy arising out of that.
    Satchi got vilified in the press and Nigella sought a divorce. Satchi said he would destroy her and this trial is his way of doing that. Nigella, a witness has the bigger entourage of legal advisors,PR people and supporters as she is fighting for her professional & private life. She has come out fighting and it us a great story. I hope she gets through it intact!
    Seek and you shall find!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UB40 View Post
    No Nigella Lawson is not on trial, but the trial us all about Nigella Lawson.
    This is all a result of Satchi grabbing Nigella by the throat and the media frenzy arising out of that.
    Satchi got vilified in the press and Nigella sought a divorce. Satchi said he would destroy her and this trial is his way of doing that. Nigella, a witness has the bigger entourage of legal advisors,PR people and supporters as she is fighting for her professional & private life. She has come out fighting and it us a great story. I hope she gets through it intact!
    Yes. I agree.

But back to The Bunk's original point, IT IS cringeworthy. I think a trial should not be about entertaining the public and exposing someone to ridicule even if that person makes a living out of being a celebrity.

Reviews

what are you all talking about whats all the fuss? I dont read newspapers and celeb stuff is not my topic of conversation. last I heard she was getting a divorce cause of he attacked her, but what has happened since

Quote Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
    It's always going to be the way bunk, when people buy tabloid muck
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    what are you all talking about whats all the fuss? I dont read newspapers and celeb stuff is not my topic of conversation. last I heard she was getting a divorce cause of he attacked her, but what has happened since
    I'm the same but you hear people talking about it and stuff, apparently Nigella's on the charlie. Looks good for a woman in her 50's snorting lol

As for the OP, it is cringy, almost as cringy as hearing celeb news and you don't even know who the celebs are or it's something random like somebody rumoured to be seeing someone. Same as all these magazines like heat etc which are just basically pictures with captions that for some reason fly off the shelves.

"Celeb" sells even if someone is a celeb from appearing in a reality show that involves them either doing their job or getting drunk in a club with a bunch of other twats in a small group.

Reviews

the way she strutted into the court with her head held high-class.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Nikkita (20-12-13), UB40 (15-12-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Nigella is getting some doing in court these days! Her kids must have been somewhat aware of what was going on. Still
    to be in the spotlight like this may drive her over the edge! She needs full support from family and good friends at this time! I hope she is not a coke head but it's not looking good!
    Seek and you shall find!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to UB40 For This Useful Post:

warmcome (20-12-13)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast