Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Mods

What about Westie vs Bigpaws?
    I m still lurking sometimes ;-)

Smile -vs- ??

Quote Originally Posted by annasavicha View Post
    What about Westie vs Bigpaws?
    Why have any Westie -vs- bigpaws? Try Westie and bigpaws..

Remember Love not war

Gemma

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hi,

Hey Westie, do you want to be a mod?

I have an idea. How about we added a forum "Westside General Chat" as an alternative to "General Chat" and it be a place that Westside runs. People who feel West would be a good mod could then post in this forum where West rules. It would be a way of testing out the community mods idea without going too far in one step.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but if it does work, we would extend the idea.

Community mods wouldn't have access to any private info of any other user, e.g. their IP address, but they would be able to edit/delete posts, threads and polls in their forum.

Pat x
    I only said that West would make a great Mod, I only proposed Mods to bring stuff to your attention but no powers to access PM’s or such, but that to has its problems so what about if E-I attached an icon to every post that people who thought it fell within the remit of what you have said is not acceptable could click on and if 5, 10, 20 or whatever different logged in members clicked on it then it would then be flagged to you or Sarah for attention and the people who flagged it known only to you, that way you would not have to read every post and there would be no conflict of interest by Community Mods and posters. If people abused it and just clicked every post they themselves could be banned for messing with it for no reason. That surely is not beyond the bounds of what’s possible as in fairness this is a very well put together site and easy to navigate and has a lot of clever features.

Then everyone would be a Moderator but be subject to punishment by you or Sarah if abusing that feature, hopefully with a cane but ideally with a trip to Holly head, bj queen of Wales.

No disrespect Patricia and I am sure you must feel like a school headmistress sometime's, but surely no one here believes that the PM system of this site is not accessible by the owner or owners or by it’s techy’s if they so wish. I doubt it’s got the infallibility and redundancy of the “Company” in Prison Break. It would be wise for anyone conversing sensitive or personal info to assume someone is looking over your shoulder. I mainly converse outside of here privately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    No disrespect Patricia and I am sure you must feel like a school headmistress sometime's, but surely no one here believes that the PM system of this site is not accessible by the owner or owners or by it’s techy’s if they so wish. I doubt it’s got the infallibility and redundancy of the “Company” in Prison Break. It would be wise for anyone conversing sensitive or personal info to assume someone is looking over your shoulder. I mainly converse outside of here privately.
    Hiya,

Nobody has access to anyone's PMs here. I don't, Sarah doesn't, no member of our staff ever has or would have access to that info. We have zero interest in snooping on anyone's PMs anyway.

However that is no to say, if we really needed access to someone's private messages we couldn't possibly get it. There is one easy way we could. We could re-set their password and then log-in as them. They would of course know we'd been in then, because their password would be changed, but it would have got us in.

Also the company we use for data handling could get in if they wanted to. This is a major US company that manages data for many large organisations including lots of Irish government organisations in fact. I'm sure this company wouldn't be prying on anyone here, but in theory they would be in a position to do so, if they were corrupt and had motive, which I don't think they are or would happen, but I'm just listing all possible senarios. Also, as owner of this website, I could get access through this US company's technical staff if I wanted to. I've never had to try to date, but I'm sure it is possible, though I'd have to have very good reason, as I'm sure it would be a bit of hassle.

For the record, if you delete a PM, it is then gone. There is no back up or means of retreiving it. So, if you ever get a very private PM you'd not like anyone else to ever possibly be able to read, you can just read then delete it.

I promise everyone here that we never pry into anyone's PMs. However, by all means take QPH's advice that it is wise to assume someone could be looking over your shoulder when writing PMs. It is possible, just like when you log onto Eircom webmail etc it is possible.

My personal views on PMs is that they are private and I would always respect that unless you are a paedafile or murderer in which case we have no respect for you here at E-I.

Pat x

Hiya,

Nobody has access to anyone's PMs here. I don't, Sarah doesn't, no member of our staff ever has or would have access to that info. We have zero interest in snooping on anyone's PMs anyway.

However that is no to say, if we really needed access to someone's private messages we couldn't possibly get it. There is one easy way we could. We could re-set their password and then log-in as them. They would of course know we'd been in then, because their password would be changed, but it would have got us in.

Also the company we use for data handling could get in if they wanted to. This is a major US company that manages data for many large organisations including lots of Irish government organisations in fact. I'm sure this company wouldn't be prying on anyone here, but in theory they would be in a position to do so, if they were corrupt and had motive, which I don't think they are or would happen, but I'm just listing all possible senarios. Also, as owner of this website, I could get access through this US company's technical staff if I wanted to. I've never had to try to date, but I'm sure it is possible, though I'd have to have very good reason, as I'm sure it would be a bit of hassle.

For the record, if you delete a PM, it is then gone. There is no back up or means of retreiving it. So, if you ever get a very private PM you'd not like anyone else to ever possibly be able to read, you can just read then delete it.

I promise everyone here that we never pry into anyone's PMs. However, by all means take QPH's advice that it is wise to assume someone could be looking over your shoulder when writing PMs. It is possible, just like when you log onto Eircom webmail etc it is possible.

My personal views on PMs is that they are private and I would always respect that unless you are a paedafile or murderer in which case we have no respect for you here at E-I.

Pat x
    Thank you for your candor, I don’t use PM here much as the 4000 letter limit is a real arse ache for me. I have to send in two parts.

Thumbs up Ah common now QPH

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Thank you for your candor, I don’t use PM here much as the 4000 letter limit is a real arse ache for me. I have to send in two parts.
    seriously,lets be honest here for a sec.If they had a word limit of 1000000000000000000 words,youd still have trouble.Send in two parts?Sure ,pm the first and throw the second part up on Marco Polos back.By the time the second would have being delivered they would still be reading the first.

Word limit?

A sever limit lol
    Westside.

Default High ya head mod...

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    seriously,lets be honest here for a sec.If they had a word limit of 1000000000000000000 words,youd still have trouble.Send in two parts?Sure ,pm the first and throw the second part up on Marco Polos back.By the time the second would have being delivered they would still be reading the first.

Word limit?

A sever limit lol
    Westside.
    Congrats on the 2500th post but I wonder who have the record for letters. I write posts in word and it's telling me I’ve typed just over 2.000.000 characters since joining between posts and pm’s not bad for a fella never typed before here and has ham hocks for hands.

I hate to admit it but my record is a four part pm but my average is two so if the limit was 10000 like the open forum limit I’d be in business, my computer is as slow as a soviet state funeral and it’s a ball breaker sending in segments.

DON'T BAN ME WEST......I'LL BE GOOD, NO NOT THE BASEMENT AGAIN...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo...

Reviews

Question Joke Pat

Hi,

Hey Westie, do you want to be a mod?

I have an idea. How about we added a forum "Westside General Chat" as an alternative to "General Chat" and it be a place that Westside runs. People who feel West would be a good mod could then post in this forum where West rules. It would be a way of testing out the community mods idea without going too far in one step.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but if it does work, we would extend the idea.

Community mods wouldn't have access to any private info of any other user, e.g. their IP address, but they would be able to edit/delete posts, threads and polls in their forum.

Pat x
    If one of my posts/threads was ever deleted or edited by Westside as a "moderator" then you might as well just ban me Pat because I would never ever post here again ............ making a few people quite happy I'm sure.
    How in the name of christ do you expect west to be able to fairly moderate me Pat??????

Paws
    Gone ........... and forgotten?

Default Two things

Quote Originally Posted by bigpaws View Post
    If one of my posts/threads was ever deleted or edited by Westside as a "moderator" then you might as well just ban me Pat because I would never ever post here again ............ making a few people quite happy I'm sure.
    How in the name of christ do you expect west to be able to fairly moderate me Pat??????

Paws
    First off i not going to mod.I have already said that.I have no interest in it.

Second ,you say that you would never post here again?Hate to burst your bubble but life would go on.Dont ever think that just because you would leave that something would fall.Everyone is replacable.Dont fall over that one,we are all replacable.

Fact,
    Westside.

Reviews

Cool Two Things

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    First off i not going to mod.I have already said that.I have no interest in it.

Second ,you say that you would never post here again?Hate to burst your bubble but life would go on.Dont ever think that just because you would leave that something would fall.Everyone is replacable.Dont fall over that one,we are all replacable.

Fact,
    Westside.
    First off I wasn't even talking to you as I have no interest in you.

Second, I hate to burst your bubble but this place isn't life at all so wtf are you attempting to talk about ................ ????

Anyway getting back to my original question which I put to Patricia ............................ how do you expect west to ever be able to fairly moderate me Pat????

Paws
    Last edited by bigpaws; 11-10-08 at 11:51.
    Gone ........... and forgotten?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast