Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wonder Woman cast for the Batman/Superman movie

Quote Originally Posted by jizrag View Post
    Speaking of which.... http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56522794/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

that's fucking right Khal Drogo himself.... but as who... Lobo or Doomsday? To me Doomsday Vs Superman needs to be an entire movie in itself, and also doesn't need an actor, it needs a big stuntguy in a green suit. So my hope would be for Lobo. Although its starting to get quite crowded....
    10 12 2013
    Darkseid, I think, would work better in a Justice League movie given the amount of times the League has taken on the big bad Darkseid and his twisted minions. Also, Darkseid has (almost) taken Paradise Island (which allows for Wonder Woman) but if we take the animation series into account, Supes tells Darkseid at one point that he's glad they had a chance to throw down as it's the first time he (Clark) has been able to totally cut loose and not be afraid of killing someone.

Doomsday (although I know the League were involved) I would prefer as Superman only event (although Wonder Woman did fight a version of him). I think at this stage the movie is getting quite crowded. DC need to build with the same patience that Marvel displayed. I get the feeling they are about to panic, maybe fearing they'll miss the money-boat. If they panic, they'll fuck it up.

The guy who played Drogo? Awesome as either Lobo or Darkseid. They would do Darkseid, I think, in the same way as Andy Serkis did Gollum or Ceasar from the Planet of the Apes movie...motion capture but using a real actor, acting. They used similar methods for Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. Either way, an awesome choice.

I like Cavell as Supes. He had the build and the attitude. But I'll always have a soft-spot for Christopher Reeve.

Nestor

10 12 2013
    Having read the article linked to above...Martian Manhunter?? They're building to a Justice League movie but they're going to do it in an accelerated way. I like the idea that it MIGHT be Doomsday...especially if they're looking to up the ante. Wonder Woman could be used to help Clark fight Doomsday as she has, as I mentioned earlier, fought a version of Doomsday herself as she is meant to be as strong as Supes.
    Perhaps they're going to splice a few storylines together? I think this cinematic version of the characters is based (loosely) on DC's New 52... kinda like Marvel's Ultimate universe. Therefore, the gloves are off... they do not need to necessarily follow the 'canon' of 60 years of comic book history. They can do as they like. This movie is suddenly getting interesting.

See... everybody is assuming it's 'Batman v. Superman' but it's the media that came up with that tag. It's not been confirmed as the movie's title or theme. This could, actually, BE a Justice League movie of a sort... introducing (briefly) some of the characters.

And think about this: perhaps they're doing two movies back-to-back. There's precedent: Superman 1 and 11. The Lord of the Rings movies and the recent Hobbit movies.

Nestor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123